Author Topic: Just shaved  (Read 7467 times)

Offline slick jimmy

• Learning the way of Sly
Just shaved
« on: July 21, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
Hey bald brothers, I just shaved my head last month, and let me tell ya, what a relief. Looks cool, ( and feels cooler that I thought it would, almost cold some mornings) most people like it, and I wish I did it a long time ago. I had been thinning up front and started to get a  target in back, so shave it all I did. The ladies tell me I went from attractive guy losing his hair to sexy bald tough guy. I'll take it. Being new to the scene and reading posts, I was suprised to read that most of you use razors. Like Tyler, I too use an  electric (Braun) for my noggin. I do however get a five o'clock shadow. To keep it slick, I need to shave everyday. But I do it every other day or so. I dont mind the stubble. 10 to 15 min. face and skull with Nivea for men after shave replenishing balm and I'm good to go. Have any of you started with an electric and switched to a razor for a good reason? Am I missin somthin? If you use a razor do you get a five o'clock shadow? (I know everyone is diff.).Do you shave everyday? Any input wolud be great. Thx bald ones.     

Plan for the future, learn from the past,but most importantly,FOCUS ON THE HERE AND NOW.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Just shaved
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »
welcome jimmy. razor here. usually everyday, sometimes twice. but i get ocd about stubble sometimes. looking forward to future posts from ya. post up in the introductions so we can welcome ya proper.   paulie

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »
Welcome, Jimmyboy!

Haven't tried to electric shaver....mainly 'cause I ain't gonna buy one ta try one.

This guy above me....PBurke......

Watch out ... he's pretty damn cool O:O

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
Hey Jimmy - Welcome Aboard.  Fusion Power man here
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »
slick jimmy.... welcome 2 the sbg forum.  glad that u found us.  i.... 2.... was an electric razor user but it only lasted about 2-3 weeks.  as i started doing research... i became a fusion (manual) man.  it gets me the smoothest.  the electric razor does not get me smooth as compared 2 a razor.  again.... welcome & c ya around the forum.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:58:35 PM »
Hey Jimmy, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!

I've since switched to a HeadBlade from the Norelco Electric.  I still get a shadow, but much later in the evening, around 8 or 9 pm.  I shave everyday to keep the head nice and slick.  Give the razor a try, you never know how much you'll like it if you don't.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 11:44:33 PM »
Welcome to SBGs, Jimmy. When I first started shaving the dome I used a Braun electric but I couldn't get it slick enough so I changed to a razor.  8)

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:20:40 AM »
Hey Jimmy, welcome to the SBG family, glad you've joined us. I used an electric once, and never will again. I just find that a blade (HeadBlade) get's my dome smoother and lasts way longer. And after the shave I apply the HeadBlades Clear Head, then before I go out to work, I apply Bald Guyz sun block, and I carry a couple of Head Wipes with me also from Bald Guyz.
Check them both out  www.headblade.com
                            and www.baldguyz.com
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline slick jimmy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 10:20:11 AM »
Thx for the good info. bald ones.I'll try the razor sometime soon.And the electric tweezing sounds intriguing.But I need to think about that one for a bit.Soon as I figure out my digital camera I'll post a pic or two.Thx again and shine on brothers.   
Plan for the future, learn from the past,but most importantly,FOCUS ON THE HERE AND NOW.

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
Welcome to the site.

I use a Mach 3 everyday. I touch up with an electric around my ears when needed, I've cut myself a few times, trying to get everything here.

Enjoy
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 02:09:48 PM »
Hey jimmy, glad to have you with us.  Daily to twice daily HeadBlader here.  Electric just doesn't get it smooth enough for me or let me get the high shine on the dome.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jp_bald

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
hi bro!!!
wellcome to the forum!!!
and i shave my head everyday and I do however get a five o'clock shadow too.
i used schick extreme 3 for head and face is really nice

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »
I own both a rotary and straight head electric razor and pretty much abandoned them.  I just cant get my head slick with them. Im a Schick FX man at leaast once a day, sometimes twice.

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
Being a newbie to the sly way,i have tried two options:
Just wet razor only and then this morning,electric razor finishing in the shower with Gillette  wet razor .A closer shave but still takes more time than i want  :P
As time goes on,i'm hoping that the dome becomes shiny and tans out a wee bit.
Living in the wet NW,we don't see as much sun.So maybe indoor light will have to do.

So far,i'm using only Bald Guyz Moisture Gel after the shave.

JD

shakf

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum and lets see that noggin!

Enter your email address: