Author Topic: Design?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
Design?
« on: July 21, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »
Hey bros,

As most (or at least some of you know) I am a musician. What you might not know is that I play some fairly esoteric folk instruments including the Bodhran (Irish frame drum), Bones (aka Rhythm Bones) and Spoons (yes, simple kitchen spoons). I also teach workshops, classes, intensives and private lessons for the above instruments (among others). I am working, slowly toward building a promotional website for myself, my music and my instructional materials (DVD also in production), and make a business for myself.

I have a series of designs (images, logos, etc.) that people who have seen them really seem to dig and I have been asked about doing them on T-shirts and other items (there are 5 seperate designs in all). I'd love to produce and sell merchandise with my designs on them. As I am a musician, I have limited (see: almost none) start up capitol to get this accomplished.

A friend turned me on to cafepress.com, which seems right up my financial alley (see: no initial investment), even if the profit margin is narrow as a result.

Anyway, I have digital copies of all of the designs, which are entirely mine, I came up with them and executed the digital design myself. They aren't bad, but they are not at the resolution quality, or to the dimensions or format that cafepress requires.

I want them to look as good as possible and my current computer, design program (not Photoshop, cause I run Linux) and meager design skills won't allow me to meet their requirements effectively.

SO here's the reason for the post:

Are any of my bald bros design/photoshop savvy enough to take these designs and set them up for me to submit to cafepress? I don't have much to offer outside of my undying appreciation and a percentage of sales.

The eventual idea will be to raise money with the initial sales, source out a more profit intensive production service and start to see something of a profit over time. But for now, I need to get it started up for as minimal an investment as possible. 

So, anybody game to give it a go?

Please message me of you up to give it a try...

Thanks in advance to any takers. I appreciate the help.

~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Design?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »
Hey Vash, I myself cannot draw, or desighn anything worth crap, how ever my brother is a graffic desighner by trade, now he's a Detective for the Toronto police force, but he and his wife have a home based buisness in graffic desighn. He is also very good with photo shop and various other programs to get the job done right. If you want to e-mail me at chromenut@sympatico.ca with your desighns, and what you would like done, I'm sure I could call in a favour, and get him to do what's needed for you.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Design?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
Hey Vash, you PM happyharry.  He's currently in class for web design and may be willing to help you as it may be something he could use for a class project.  Also, pm or email me; I have some ideas for you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: