Author Topic: Shaved my head bald at last.  (Read 19960 times)

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
Re: Shaved my head bald at last.
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
I am aware that clindamycin is an antibiotic. I was actually prescribed with the medicine by a dermatologist who asked me to go back after a few weeks to see the progress. It was because i have had acne on my head and face for a long time. But i understand your concern. A person should be careful when dealing with antibiotics.

I will remember to do that Cave Dweller.Thank you for the advice.

Im not shaving for 2 days to give a break to my scalp. After that I reckon im going to shave daily.

Im also taking the tanning thing very slowly. I usually wear a baseball cap or a hoodie if im going to spend a long time under the sun. If im just taking a stroll or going to a friends place.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:30:36 PM by DSCSK »

Offline huckhound1

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
Hey man, you look great! I shaved all my hair off last week and am loving the look and feel too! I naturally have thick dark brown hair but love being bald. My friends say I look bad-ass and don't care if I ever have hair again either! I actually went from having the slick look to a flattop to a horseshoe flattop to now having an extremely smooth bare head! I shave my head with a battery powered Gillette Profussion and it works great! I never cut my face with it so I decided to use it on my head! The razor leaves my scalp super smooth (as it does with my face). You should try that! I think you'll like it!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 08:58:25 PM »
Looking good DSCSK! I've been shaving a little over a month now and am enjoying it. I'm currently using a Fusion Proglide and find that it gives me the smoothest shave. I go AGT from the front to the top of the head and then AGT from the bottom of the neck up to us top of the head. Using Aveeno shave gel and Aveeno after-shave lotion. I find that the Aveeno actually lathers quite well even on 2-day old stubble. Keep it up! You're well on your way to a cool world of the bald and sly.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 01:44:33 AM »
Welcome to the brotherhood. You look amazing with the smooth shaved head. We have the same hair and skin type, the dark roots will always show even if you shave really smooth, you just have to accept it unless you make tweezing or laser hair removal an option.  There will always be good comments along with a couple of bad ones, we have your back here, us bald brothers support each other. Keep shaving.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 09:20:10 AM »
The shadow will mostly only be noticeable to you, it will fade over time.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 07:44:49 AM »
Hello everyone,

It has been two weeks since I shaved my head. I took a break for another two days and this time I shaved against the grain. I was pretty happy to see that there were no cuts on my head  O0 .

The colour of my skin is changing and the shadow is less noticeable if I shave. But as Kalbo says, jet black hair sort of stands out in your skin.

The only thing that is bothering me are the marks on my head probably from the cuts I got from my 1rst few shaves. I also have Seborrheic Dermatitis (according to my skin doctor) and this has sort of left red marks on my skin. It doesnt get in the way of shaving but the marks are a bit visible. I really want a smooth and uniformly toned dome (even if i cant get rid of the shadow).  Any suggestions ?

Thank you for all the help and advice guys  :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 11:44:17 AM »
Thanks for the update! If you do have SD, keeping your head shaved may be the fastest way to cure it. Otherwise you may be looking at spending lots and lots of money on expensive shampoos that may not necessarily work.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Shaved my head bald at last.
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »
I get wicked SD when I don't shave my head completely bald for about a week and a half. I had tried all the possible medications plus lots of natural remedies, none of which works very well. Going sly really has been the best and easiest way for me to get rid of SD.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »
Try using witch hazel after a shave or at the end of the day. Also add an exfoliating scrub to your routine. Make sure you keep your head properly moisturized. The shadow depends on the color/thickness of your hair, it does fade over time.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 07:11:49 AM »
Hi again  :) ,

I dont have any witch hazel, but i did manage to get my hands on some aloe vera. i heard that it also has some medicinal properties.

I really find shaving my head really relieving  Sir Harry. So I will continue to shave it for quite some time.

My head starts snowflaking starting from day 2 if you know what i mean gutsygirl  :-[ .

Thank You :)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »
I too get flakes if i go one week without shaving, is that SD? I dont have that problem when I keep it smooth. Your head will toughen up if you keep shaving, the markss will go away eventually, be patient.  :)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 05:18:02 AM »
It might be..

because i dont think that im the right person to make the decision. A dermatologist has a better understanding in this topic if you know what i mean  :)

And you are right kalbo, the marks are going away   O0 .

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
Borrowing Warhawk's words of wisdom...."it gets better". Happy shaving.  :)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2014, 02:41:22 AM »
Don't worry I get flakes if I go about three days after shaving. When I had hair I'd be scratching flakes all the time. I think I might be an SD case.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 02:44:42 AM »
You're on to something before I shaved in 2004 I was spending about 15 to 20 dollars for a bottle of medicated shampoo. Shaving my head has been the only cure since I don't flake but I can't get last and go a couple days without shaving.
Thanks for the update! If you do have SD, keeping your head shaved may be the fastest way to cure it. Otherwise you may be looking at spending lots and lots of money on expensive shampoos that may not necessarily work.