Author Topic: Latest?? Invention to prevent baldness  (Read 8727 times)

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Latest?? Invention to prevent baldness
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
I really enjoyed the article.  Great job Jesse O0
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
jdog.... i just read your post.  thanks 4 sharing & very well said.  jesse... u represent the sly brahs well.  glad that u r a member of the sly fraternity.  O0 YR*(k

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 03:04:10 AM »
Hey Jesse,

I've got to second what Tyler said - great stuff !  YR*(k

Thing is though ... I totally agree with everything you wrote ... but what I don't fully understand is, from your pics & how you describe yourself - you are totally bbc ... which is great just wondered why those ads bother you so much though since it seems not to be an issue for you personally? I am not criticizing you at all .... far from it ... I think it's really cool ... was just intrigued that's all??

Anyway .... whatever the reason .... GREAT STUFF bro!

Hey Jon, Although you are right I am BBC and I am not bald due to MPB I still found these ads to be of horrible character and misleading. I have wanted to be bald since the late 90's but due in large part of these ads did I always hesitate in taking the next step because I thought girls wouldnt want to date me and people would think of me in a different light. and many of my sly mates were heavily affected by these deceptive practices. I see through the lies because I made the decision to be bald and my life has GOTTEN EVEN BETTER and given me more confidence and freedom that I always lacked with hair.

Your point does have merit but I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Shine on brother.

Jesse

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 12:04:40 AM »
save your money man. i been bald for a long time and i just go with the flow. its all about genitics. after a while, you get use to it.

JohnMont

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
one of the oldest stories on earth ... how to make money off of people's insecurities. 

I think one of the most positive things about headshaving being so 'mainstream' now is tht more and more guys will try it as an alternative to these costly; time comsumming and it seems, ultimately useless 'hair restoration' gimmicks. ... but hey; I'm preaching to the converted, aren't I ?

John

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
I still have most of my hair and of course, have been shaving my head daily for years.  I want an invention that inexpensively and painlessly CAUSES permanent baldness, NOT prevent it! LOL

Offline AndrewDockery

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »
I read a while back about these laser combs, they give you minimal results at best. The downer is that they are way over priced and you have to use them alot. I prefer the 2 minute Sly ritual over that comb anyday ! Have a great evening fellow Sly Guys !

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 01:38:28 PM »
Hey guys,if any of you are intersted, I made a huge post about my disdain for hair loss prevention companies on my blog http://concreteriver.blogspot.com/2007/07/being-bald-is-okay.html

As usual Jesse, a thoughtful and articulate post.  Very well said. O0

Yes, that's a very awesome post!  I just featured it on the blog - http://www.slybaldguys.com/serendipity/archives/99-Being-Bald-is-OK!.html
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 10:17:30 AM »
http://www.emersonww.com/LaserComb.htm More info. I would note that a lot of information on the laser comb is contradictory.