Author Topic: Zat you, Santa Claus?  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Zat you, Santa Claus?
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
Who else has documentation of the moment they stopped believing in Santa Claus?

That's me to the left of Bad Santa. I was probably about six or seven. My sister's there. I think my brother was hiding. And that lady peeing herself is my aunt.

Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
Re: Zat you, Santa Claus?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »
That is just too damn  :*))

I have a very terrible memory and have no idea when I stopped believing in the jolly fat man.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:25:57 AM »
Funny pic, Mike.

This is one reason I never have enjoyed dressing up as Santa even though the costume I own is a pretty nice one. I always fear I will do something to ruin the illusion for a child.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:14:25 AM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
Haha.. too funny. 

Mike, that would not have made me a non-believer.  I would have asked about why Santa looked so fake, and my Mom would have told me that it was a someone pretending to be Santa, because the real one was so busy.  I bought in to every lie my parents told me about Santa for a long time (I guess I really wanted to believe)... whenever something didn't add up, I would ask about it. They would tell me some outlandish lie to explain it... and I would believe it.    It wasn't until one day when the tooth fairy forgot to come that my parents told me there really wasn't a tooth fairy.  From there, I figured out all the rest.   

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »
This past Saturday I was Santa Claus for a fifth year. I love being Santa. It actually winds up being a gift to me from the kids.

I actually ride my Harley into our Fire Hall where Breakfast with Santa is held. I have "Here Comes Santa Claus" blaring from the stereo on the Bike. This year my daughter was my Elf, Noelle, and rode in on the back of the Bike.

If you want to really feel the Spirit of Christmas get up off your chair and volunteer some time at Christmas. Your heart will soar.

You can see photos of our Breakfast with Santa event here:

http://harlem41.smugmug.com/Holidays/Breakfast-with-Santa-2013/35392975_7VDBrd#!i=2970193730&k=d4NNzsJ

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 08:26:26 PM »
Haha.. too funny. 

Mike, that would not have made me a non-believer.     

I can remember that very moment - my uncle saying he had to go out for cigarettes and I was very suspicious. It was about ten o'clock on Christmas Eve. Nothing would be open. Five minutes later here comes Santa with the plastic face! I knew it was Uncle Phil. But I don't really remember if I stopped believing that day. I know that the excitement of going to sleep on Christmas Eve continued for a lot of years after that photo! But we made a point not to pull a number like that on our kids!

This past Saturday I was Santa Claus for a fifth year. I love being Santa. It actually winds up being a gift to me from the kids.

http://harlem41.smugmug.com/Holidays/Breakfast-with-Santa-2013/35392975_7VDBrd#!i=2970193730&k=d4NNzsJ

Mike - great photos and a great looking Santa Claus! I would have loved seeing you arriving on your bike. Santa recently arrived for the tree lighting in our town on a fire truck.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »

You look great, too, Mike.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
Mike,

You make an awesome looking Santa. Glad to hear that you were able to make it out again on your Harley. Too cold and snowy to do it here. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »
@Mike EP-Nice picture, that would make a good picture on Facebook (or other social site) for TBT (Throw Back Thursday)
@Mike Koz-Nice Santa picture on the Harley...Hope the event(s) you participated in was/were a great success!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »
I actually ride my Harley into our Fire Hall where Breakfast with Santa is held. I have "Here Comes Santa Claus" blaring from the stereo on the Bike.

Cool.  It's great when Santa makes a grand entrance.  When I was growing up, he came into town on the Seaboard Special.  The railroad ran a train down the line from Birmingham on the Saturday before Christmas.  It would pull into town with Santa throwing candy from the locomotive (Santa was an engineer for the Seaboard).  He'd head back to the caboose (shows you how long ago it was) so kids could talk with him.  Sadly, he retired and the railroad stopped the Santa train.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt