Author Topic: Down to a #0 - need advice  (Read 3149 times)

X The Hierophant

Down to a #0 - need advice
« on: July 18, 2007, 03:32:16 PM »
Ok guys.  I went down to a #0 last Friday (the 13th) and loved it (I was a #1).  I liked it so much I had to retrim it last night, so I am a fresh #0 today at work.  I don't think the plunge will be a big deal at this point since I am practically bald now.  At any rate I plan to wet shave it this Friday night.

In the mean-time I have a dumb question.  My head is very very white (kind of a greyish sickly white at the moment).  Since I am taking vacation next week I am considering sitting out in my back yard at mid-day every day to get a little color.  Now I don't want to fry my head, so any advice?  I have some spf15 headshade that I can use and was thinking of starting with 20 minutes the first day, 30 the second and increase by 10 minutes per day or something.  I'm not a big tanning person, so I am new at this.  Just keep in mind that I am rather fair complected and have burned in the past.  Any recommendations on how to get some color on my head during this week vacation?  I would like to return to work bald and somewhat tan rather than this greyish white I am currently sporting...

BALDANDRE

Re: Down to a #0 - need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:43:12 PM »
Ok guys.  I went down to a #0 last Friday (the 13th) and loved it (I was a #1).  I liked it so much I had to retrim it last night, so I am a fresh #0 today at work.  I don't think the plunge will be a big deal at this point since I am practically bald now.  At any rate I plan to wet shave it this Friday night.

In the mean-time I have a dumb question.  My head is very very white (kind of a greyish sickly white at the moment).  Since I am taking vacation next week I am considering sitting out in my back yard at mid-day every day to get a little color.  Now I don't want to fry my head, so any advice?  I have some spf15 headshade that I can use and was thinking of starting with 20 minutes the first day, 30 the second and increase by 10 minutes per day or something.  I'm not a big tanning person, so I am new at this.  Just keep in mind that I am rather fair complected and have burned in the past.  Any recommendations on how to get some color on my head during this week vacation?  I would like to return to work bald and somewhat tan rather than this greyish white I am currently sporting...

Yea, 30 minutes everyday with the spf 15 will help a lot...

but really with the '0" stubble it wont work as well as if you had the dome scraped smooth...all in good time, right?

Be sure to post a pick of that scraped head once you do the dee this Friday..you think you dig the look and feeling NOW? Just wait!

Good luck and have fun  my soon to be balded brutha!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 03:46:46 PM by BALDANDRE »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:33:50 PM »
I think you have a good plan!  Start slow and work your way up, but always use sunscreen.  In the spring I started driving to work and back (30 min each way) with my sunroof open to help add some color to my dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »
dude don't rush the color. it will come soon enough. good luck

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 09:59:07 AM »

I second that. I am still very white, but I am blended now because of the consisitent shaving and small time in the sun.

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:27:10 PM »
Have to agree with PBurke and YOSP, don't worry about the color.  As a guy who can only get the Irish Tan (when all the freckles join together), I have to say that the search for "color" is as futile as it is frought with peril in the form of malignant melanoma.  Just be comfortable with your natural skin tone and don't worry about what Hollywood and the mainstream tell you you should look like. 

Later,

HJ

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

If you rush it, they don't call it color - they call is sunburn - OUCH
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick