Author Topic: Skull Shaver  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Skull Shaver
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
Heard this advertised on the radio today.

http://skull-shaver.hostedbywebstore.com

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Skull Shaver
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:18:46 PM »
These types of things show up occasionally.... usually they come and go..........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:18 PM »
These types of things show up occasionally.... usually they come and go..........

Usually.  But the fact that they're being made at all shows how mainstream the sly look has become.  I've never heard anything like this advertised on the radio before.  The guys who invented it may be local because I noticed on their site that though the device is sold primarily on line, there are two stores -- both of them here in South Jersey -- that are offering it.

Offline Tracer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
Those things look miserable. Sly means shaved not buzzed off by some cheap electric razor!

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:17:33 AM »
Looks pretty cool although I'm a blade shaver.  I'd probably give it a go as a back up or travel shaver..
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »
That looks cool. I wonder how close it does actually go.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »
It looks like a remade Norelco.  I have never tried anything like that, even on my face. 

The names cool, but almost gives the illusion of scalping the skin down to the skull. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 06:10:27 PM »
The Skull Shaver has been around for a while now.  The word is that it's a good design but isn't built very well.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
That looks cool. I wonder how close it does actually go.

nOObie checking in.  I just bought a Skull Shaver and gave it a try after trimming my hair as short as I could get it.  I decided to go fully slick as I have a really weird, asymmetrical "Fire Marshal Bill" balding pattern going on. Anyway, I feel thatthe skull shaver did a decent job. It was not as baby butt smooth as the the Headblade ATX that I also just bought.

Using the skull shaver is actually pretty darn easy the way you hold it.  I found that if I stretched the skin on my melon with my free hand the results were pretty acceptable.  I'm going to try experimenting with both the skull shaver and the ATX and see how things go.  I think I'll use the ATX every 3 days and the skull shaver in-between and see how things go.  If you buy the skull shaver through their website, you can get a free accessory if you post a review online.  If I decide to keep the skull shaver I'm going after the ear and nose trimmer.

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
Well, it's not looking good for the Skull Shaver.  I used it last night and just had to ran into the bathroom to run the ATX across the melon.  The stubble was driving me nuts.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:39:36 PM by Roger »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »

That's usually how it goes with electric shavers.

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
Don't you just hate it when someone goes and modifies a post they just made while you're posting a reply to it?   :px