Author Topic: A Night of Sly Affirmation  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
A Night of Sly Affirmation
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:58:34 AM »
Wow, what a weekend for sly affirmations.  I attended an anniversary celebration of my sister's in-laws this weekend.  All great people some of whom had never seen me sly and a good many there I did not know.  For the first time at a family gathering I was totally comfortable with being sly and even revelled in the attention that it got.  I received many compliments on my appearance and for the first time ever, my dad was even making positive comments about it.  In fact a friend of his was doing the head rub thing to several hairy guys at the table behind us, but apparrently when he turned to our table and saw me he passed on by.  (Guess the intimidation factor was in place)  My dad got quite a kick out of it and joked about it all evening.  Best of all received many looks from the ladies and comments from several.  Never had I felt more confident being sly and I guess it showed.  I have to think it was all due to the support of you sly brothers out there and this great forum.  Thanks

"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A Night of Sly Affirmation
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:02:56 AM »
Wow, what a weekend .  Best of all received many looks from the ladies and comments from several. 

paul was picking up women at a family gathering. he IS a redneck. :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

j/k brother that is cool that it all went well.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
Wow, what a weekend .  Best of all received many looks from the ladies and comments from several. 

paul was picking up women at a family gathering. he IS a redneck. :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

But if you only pick them up and don't marry them are you REALLY a redneck?
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »
you gonna have to ask pig pen about that one. that is a little gray area to me. :-\

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:28:39 AM »
OUCH

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 12:17:21 PM »

But if you only pick them up and don't marry them are you REALLY a redneck?

depends on your relation to them...

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »
It doesn't matter if you pick them up at a family gathering.... its how far you drop them that matters  :*))