Author Topic: Andis #0A Blade question  (Read 5805 times)

Offline clipped

• Sly
Andis #0A Blade question
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »
So, I use an Andis clipper and have a variety of blades...mostly ceramic, except for the #000000.  I find that the #0A is the only one that cuts my scalp. I can use the #1, #000, #00000 ceramic blades as aggressively as I want and I have never had a nick.  The #000000 is not ceramic...no nicks either, and I am pretty aggressive in how I use it.   But the #0A always nicks me, even if I don't apply pressure.  I sent it back to Andis for resharpening which they graciously did at no charge (I had only used it a few times) but it still nicks me.  Does anyone know if the #0A is somehow different?  It's described as for "clipper-over-comb" but I want to use it for a clipper-shaved look....my hair is too short for a comb...I threw them all away!! I have been using the #000 and below in the warm weather, but in the winter I switch to the #1...but I'd rather us the #0A than the #1.  Does anyone know if Andis makes a non-ceramic #0A that would that be any different in terms of nicking my scalp?  Any thoughts?

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
Re: Andis #0A Blade question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:51:10 PM »
What Andis clipper do you use?
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
I use the BGRC

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »
I use the BGRC

Can you or have you tried setting the blade?

Do you know how these clippers compare to the Wahl Balding Clippers?

Rgds

EN4

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »
I own and use the non-ceramic #0A for my Andis BGRC...no nicks or any issues. It's a great length blade!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »
to: EN4CER:  sorry I do not know what "setting the blade means".  Could you please explain?  Also, I thing that the BGRC with a #000000 or maybe even a #00000 is essentially the same as the Wahl Balding Clipper.

to: R o b 6:  Thanks for the response.  Maybe I'll buy the non-ceramic version of the #0A. 

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:11 AM »
On the Wahl you can set the blade, so they don't cut you, not sure if you can do that on yours?

Do you know how the speed and power of your clippers compare to the Wahl Balding Clippers?

Rgds

EN4

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »
@EN4: Thanks for the response about "setting"...I don't think that the Andis has that feature. But since only one blade out of the six interchangeable blades  that I have for the BGRC is giving me this problem and I had it sharpened, I doubt there is something else to do...but I will check the owner's manual.  Sorry, as I do not own the Wahl clipper, I can't answer any questions about speed comparability, etc.