Author Topic: Backpacking/Hiking  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Backpacking/Hiking
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 07:55:49 PM »
Not a bad idea really, besides if we had some kinda misadventure and got lost, uncovering all those shiny domes would readily be picked up by the rescue choppers. :*))
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »
any thoughts on this idea. i can do some research and find out if it is even worth looking into.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »
In country or out?
Which state or states if in?
Time of year?
If Washington or Oregon, do we look for Yeti?
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »
the yeti is easily found in IOWA.  :*)) :*)) :*)) we miss ya buddy

i vote for somewhere in the rockies in late summer or early summer next year. but that is just me. fall is when the colors are best. not too hot, not too cold yet. hell maybe JB can hook us up with some info. i know a few parts of Colorado. pig pen is in New Mexico. we have guys in the PAC.NW

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 01:12:45 AM »
You guys should consider hiking Mt. Shasta.  It's peak is 14,000 feet and I'll meet you in Redding for the best steak dinner you'll ever have when you come down the mountain.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 02:05:21 AM »
You guys should consider hiking Mt. Shasta.  It's peak is 14,000 feet and I'll meet you in Redding for the best steak dinner you'll ever have when you come down the mountain.

what? you're not gonna come with us?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 02:37:16 AM »

what? you're not gonna come with us?

Not this year.  Wife wouldn't be too thrilled with me hiking a mountain when there's a baby on the way.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: