Author Topic: 5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Loquat

• Learning the way of Sly
5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here and want to apologize in advance if I'm asking a question that has already been addressed.  I'm 23 years old and I'm wanting to know if anyone has a suggestion for an electric trimmer/shaver for my beard area that I could buy that would get as close to a bald shave as humanly possible. I can't use a razor as I get razor bumps extremely bad and it turns the color of my skin.  Currently I'm using a depilatory powder but it's messy and time consuming.  The company I work for requires us to be clean shaved every day which is okay with me as even having 5 o'clock shadow drives me insane.

Any suggestions on an electric trimmer or shaver that gets as close as possible is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: 5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:07:48 AM »

In a recent post, Sir Harry said, "As far as clippers that cut as close as a razor, I like the Andis series clippers. They give a nice close shave and a nice shaved appearance with very little stubble. There are threads that suggest  good close cutting clippers that might can help you out as well. Good luck!"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:09:55 AM by mrzed »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: 5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:11:25 AM »
The standard razors always give a closer shave than an electric.

What you MIGHT find here on this forum, though, is guys who have worked through the 'bump' issue and found a solution there.

You might check this link: http://electric-head-shaver-review.toptenreviews.com/

(thought it funny that they have listed the 'headblade atx' in with the ELECTRIC razors! Perhaps the author thinks that the ATX is right in there with the electrics?