Author Topic: Half a year bald experience and query  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Ihor

• Sly Guy in Training
Half a year bald experience and query
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »
Hello guys! If you'd told me last year that I would be shaving my head for several months, I would have doubted that. Actually, that's true: I've been sly for 6 months already and I like the style more and more:-) I don't know if I'm still suffering from the side-effects of taking antibiotics 'cause I don't have hair but I'd better think I am BBC.
I guess there's no need to mention the advantages of being sly: they are obvious. I see only one disadvantage: it's cold now and I have to wear a hat outdoors not to catch a cold. Ukrainian climate isn't that nice - 6-7 months of nasty weather, snowstorms, etc. Anyway, a nice hat makes you look stylish:-)
Thanks to you guys, this forum and loads of info I feel more confident and proud to be part of the community. There were only a few situations when people wondered why I shaved my head but there was no hostility in their attitude just curiosity. I understand a sly look is getting more mainstream wordlwide.
Maybe, it's off the topic but I have a question to ask. The company I'm working for is throwing a party in December and the corporate event will be devoted to cartoon and film characters. The costume of Batman or Superman is out of the question:-): only formal or smart casual is allowed.
I don't know what to wear at the party; I'm really  at crossroads. The character should be easily recognizable and without any artistic makeup. As to bald or shaved cartoon or film characters, I remember several characters such as Walter White from Breaking Bad, Lex Luthor, Hitman, Avatar. What would you advise to a tall thin guy of thirty something, not very athletic, with a bald head:-)? I'll be thankful for any ideas.   

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Half a year bald experience and query
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »
Hi Ihor,

Glad you are enjoying the sly look! It's cold here in New England, too. In the winter, I never go outside without a hat.

How about Homer Simpson, Charlie Brown, Elmer Fudd or Popeye? Maybe Dr. Evil from Austin Powers? Or Uncle Fester from the Adams Family? Or Lord Voldemort?  Sounds like fun.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »
Great post, Ihor. And I agree about the cold. Even down here in southern Texas, a ski cap is my good friend in the winter.

I just did Charlie Brown for Halloween. It is a very easy costume and no make up is needed - unless you want to draw the swirl on your forehead. I ordered the t-shirt on line (about 14 USA dollars), wore a pair of black shorts, some ankle socks and leather shoes. Really simple.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Ihor

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »
Thanks for good advice. A ski cap seems a nice option in winter. I think I'll buy one for cold weather. I haven't decided yet but Charlie Brown or Dr Evil sounds interesting:-)

Enter your email address: