Author Topic: New guy looking for some info from experienced shavers.  (Read 1097 times)

Offline newzeralloverguy

• Learning the way of Sly
New guy looking for some info from experienced shavers.
« on: November 01, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »
Hey everyone im hoping some folks might be able to point me in the way of the shaver i may be needing  @c3

I have had a lot of scalp issues over the years dermatits with some folliculitis... right now i have managed to get it under control with a regime i have been using for the last few months.

The problem seems to be an overly sensitive scalp to any kind of products.

So right now i use a head trimmer without any guard just the metal part anted washing with only baby shampoo and applying aloe vera gel once im done.

My scalp looks and feels 100 times better apart from a few spots that are trying to heal but when i shave they irritate or cut the existing scabs up... another issue with the head trimmer is that it also sometimes feels like it is pulling hairs out even though i take care of them lubrication and cleaning.

Is there anything more professional that lasts long and is soft on the scalp i can use ? im not looking to shave right down with a razor, but keep to shaving it at a zero guard level.

thanks for any advice guys

Offline newzeralloverguy

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: New guy looking for some info from experienced shavers.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
also if it could shave facial hair too would be great as anything i use breaks me out in spots a few days later after shaving :D

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New guy looking for some info from experienced shavers.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:37:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum! A good thing to wash your scalp with while healing is Noxzema. As far as clippers that cut as close as a razor, I like the Andis series clippers. They give a nice close shave and a nice shaved appearance with very little stubble. There are threads that suggest  good close cutting clippers that might can help you out as well. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.