Author Topic: Spelling Quiz  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Spelling Quiz
« on: October 20, 2013, 06:21:24 AM »

What word starts with "F" and ends with "U - C - K"?

"Firetruck", of course.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: Spelling Quiz
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
haha... I'm wondering if I should tell that to my 5 y/o, so she can tell her teacher...     naw... better not.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
Nowadays this sounds like a joke the kids would say.   :o
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »
This originates from my brother-in-law.

He told it forty-three years ago when he was seven.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:14:46 AM »
Nice one cave dweller

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:40 AM »
haha... I'm wondering if I should tell that to my 5 y/o, so she can tell her teacher...     naw... better not.

Reminded me of my own true story.  When my daughter was in Kindergarten, we got a call from her teacher.  Apparently she was teaching kids to put their fingers in their mouth and say, "truck."  My nine year old taught that to her.  What makes this more mortifying is that I was a teacher in the same school.  Fortunaely, she is 15 now and her cursing days are long gone! ^-^
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:59:25 AM »
More than sixty years ago my sister came home from school and informed our parents that she needed a spider dictionary. I had just arrived from the Cape and was still fighting English as a first language so I was consulted to see if I had a clue; I didn't. Being dutiful people they acquired a book about spiders and sent it off with her. No luck, back she came with a polite note from a teacher thanking them but explaining that, sadly, the first grade didn't deal with spiders. Also, why had they sent it. Much head scratching, direct interrogation at table. Our butler, who had the same non-linear way of thinking, paused whilst handing round something and said, "Spider....Spiders...Spider's Web...Webster Dictionary". He was, of course, correct.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
More than sixty years ago my sister came home from school and informed our parents that she needed a spider dictionary. I had just arrived from the Cape and was still fighting English as a first language so I was consulted to see if I had a clue; I didn't. Being dutiful people they acquired a book about spiders and sent it off with her. No luck, back she came with a polite note from a teacher thanking them but explaining that, sadly, the first grade didn't deal with spiders. Also, why had they sent it. Much head scratching, direct interrogation at table. Our butler, who had the same non-linear way of thinking, paused whilst handing round something and said, "Spider....Spiders...Spider's Web...Webster Dictionary". He was, of course, correct.

That was great how he could put that together, thinking from the kid's perspective.  A spider is a web-ster.    lol
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:38:53 AM by slymyke »