Author Topic: 20 year old guy, going bald.  (Read 12154 times)

isleepinthebuff

Re: 20 year old guy, going bald.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »
My first tip is doing walking artound pulling your head back off your forehead and then people won't notice.

My second tip is cut the sides and get some decent shape and style into your hair, you have enough at the moment to not worry at all.  You might in the future but not yet. If you do buzz your head it will show the high hairline more, so keep the hair but style it

The good news is that you're a good looking guy that that'll make the transition to shaved, when it needs to happen you won't have any problems if you yourself embrace it.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
Well said Razor and others  Being bald is not all that bad. Being without hair is not the end of the world.

Good luck with managing your stress. I have had too much stress at times. I have pretty much learned how to manage it and it is a life long process.. Hang in there. Things will get better.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »
A shorter haircut could be an option for now until the recessing gets real bad....maybe a taper or bald fade could be worth a try. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Ryukil

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »
Here's my hair from almost two years ago:
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1723/w3dt.jpg

Apparently my hair receded at like 17 or something and I didn't notice...lol

Offline baldbearded

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
1. I think your hair looks OK, better with the beard.

You could shave it now (keep the beard), or go shorter and shave it later.

Or just wait and see what it does.

I had far less hair when I finally shaved mine all off.

Offline Ryukil

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 11:03:58 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the advice.
I plan to start Propecia soon. I have an appointment with the dermatologist on Wednesday.

I know you guys won't endorse that, since this is a site dedicated to shaving your head, but I am very curious to see what happens. I may get regrowth...I've read that regrowth can be very substantial if hair loss has occurred in the past five years or so, which, me being so young, it of course has.

Anyway, hopefully it doesn't make me turn into a woman or whatever.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 05:05:32 AM »
Good luck with that...I only pray that you get the results that you seek. Hopefully no side affects will occur.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 06:58:24 AM »
Ryukil - It's your head, and if you want to try to keep your hair, go for it. But there's been a lot of reports of long-term and possibly permanent side effects from Propecia including loss of libido, sexual dysfunction and drops in testosterone levels. Be sure you talk to your doctor about it - but also do your own research and then decide if the risk is worth it for you.
Here's a story on the subject from ABC News:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/baldness-drug-propecia-long-lasting-possibly-permanent-sexual/story?id=16758123

Good luck with whatever you decide

Offline tofur99

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 07:04:26 AM »
Think about it this way:

Would you rather rock a bold, masculine hairstyle that won't detract from your ability to live your life... or be impotent and low on testosterone, but with a full head of hair?(and the full head of hair is an extremely unlikely result, your gunna lose it one way or another unless a legitimate solution is developed).  your just delaying the inevitable with propencia, and opening yourself up to a world of hurt at the same time and being wed to popping pills for however long you want to keep your hair.

Thats the decision you gotta live with one way or another.  you might escape the side affects, but you may not as well.  Personally, I'll take the shaved head over not being able to get it up or having the desire to bang, every day of the week and twice on sunday.  Women don't care about the hair on your head, they do care very much about you being able to satisfy them/desiring them, but do whatever you gotta do.

"Some of the men took the drug for a few weeks, others took it for years, but all of them reported side effects such as erectile dysfunction, decreased sexual drive, problems with orgasms, shrinking and painful genitals, even some neurological problems, such as depression, anxiety and mental fogginess.

For 96 percent of the men, the sexual problems lasted for more than a year after they stopped taking the drug."

Is it really worth it?  We don't ultimately care if you take it or not, it doesn't directly affect us.  But when a bad idea is a bad idea, good people don't stand by and do nothing, they speak up and let the person know its a bad idea.  Propencia is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:15:43 AM by tofur99 »

Offline Amgoody

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Chronic stress does not cause male pattern baldness, that is a myth.
If your hair was falling out in random patches, I would say stress related could be true. But from your pics it looks like male pattern baldness.
It's genetics sadly, same thing happened to me at a younger age than you, I had less hair than you at 15.
It doesn't look like your Crown is shedding yet. So I would worry about shaving until that happens.

Don't believe anybody telling you it's stress related, or fungus related. I heard the same bull when I was younger. When in truth I was a care free kid, only started stressing after my hair kept falling out. It's genetic.

Enter your email address: