Author Topic: The right clipper for me  (Read 935 times)

Offline Jonelliotelliot

• Learning the way of Sly
The right clipper for me
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »
Hi!
So, the clipper I've been using for about a year, finally crapped out on me. It's a really cheap thing, but it served it's purpose.

I've gotten very used to the length that it cuts my hair, but I have no idea what the measurement of the blade is.

So I've attached a picture of my head right after a shave. (Actually, I think it's about 8-10 hours after)

Can anyone here help me with my next clipper purchase, that will give me the length in the picture (or a little shorter)

I've been looking at the "wahl baldfader" --- but I'm not sure if that will be too short.

Thanks!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: The right clipper for me
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:40:50 PM »
Hey J,

Here's a post that should help you out quite a bit - http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16794.0

It's a review of many of the clippers.  In a short glance, it looks like one of the Andis models would work well.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Marshal S.

Re: Re: The right clipper for me
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »
Yes read those reviews.  They are quite informative.  I think anything that is not a balding clipper will get to that length without the guard.  The one you mentioned would probably be a lot closer than this...but I'm not sure.