Author Topic: Progress Report  (Read 15516 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Progress Report
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 03:34:20 PM »
Hey John, I hear ya on your fears about being the center of attention.  The thing of it is, your current look of .50 is going to be the same in the eyes of your friends/family as completely slick.  But, the purpose of this site is to give you confidence in your appearance, completely sly or not.

I recommend that you give yourself a shave when you have a day to let it grow back.  This will give you a sneak peak into your confidence level with a completely shaved head.  If you're not comfortable, you'll be back in 24 hours.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 03:53:21 PM »
Ok you all making me feel bad and like the bad person here.  I know I shouldnt try to push the idea wiht John....but I guess it is easier for one person to do it than another.  AND NO WORRIES YOU ALL>>>I DONT EVEN OWN A THONG!  Never have and never will....anyways.  John buddy, sorry if I slammed you really hard...it is just that you are .50 away from being sly.....so take the plug...I put my life on it that you will not be sorry.  Either way John youre a cool guy and I really enjoy you being here....and I promise not to pick on you anymore....when your ready your ready...but stop making promises....jsut tell us you will do it when you are ready

JohnMont

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 04:52:42 PM »

P.S.  I don't want to see photos of any member of this group in a thong, with the notable exceptions of MagmaBabe and Hot Cajun. ;D
[/quote]

I'll gladly second that one ! !

JohnMont

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »
Ok you all making me feel bad and like the bad person here.  I know I shouldnt try to push the idea wiht John....but I guess it is easier for one person to do it than another.  AND NO WORRIES YOU ALL>>>I DONT EVEN OWN A THONG!  Never have and never will....anyways.  John buddy, sorry if I slammed you really hard...it is just that you are .50 away from being sly.....so take the plug...I put my life on it that you will not be sorry.  Either way John youre a cool guy and I really enjoy you being here....and I promise not to pick on you anymore....when your ready your ready...but stop making promises....jsut tell us you will do it when you are ready

Sniff, Sniff ... yeah; Timm, you did make me feel bad.  A real kick in the balls (what I have of them, anyway,) and richly deserved.   ...    These last posts HAVE pushed me over the edge.   Like I said in my earlier ones; I am going to do the deed; but (sorry guys) AFTER this big event coming up in my life; It will be cool enuf facing them with my short buzz ( I DO plan on giving myself a .50 ALL OVER, top included, before going to the event) ...  I know, it's almost a shave; but I need to take these baby steps. 

Also ; I'm promising ; no more posts from me till I make the big announcement .... look for it around July 23.

John

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 05:07:06 PM »
john..... sorry 4 the "tough" love but please quit telling us when u r gonna decide 2 go all the way.   just do the deed!!!  i enjoy hanging out w/ u and all the sly brahs in this forum.  oh... and timmj.... thanks 4 letting us know that u DON'T own a thong.    :px

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »
john..i say just keep it buzzed and dont worry about shaving for atleast another 5 yrs...by then you will have become really comfortable and shaving that last .5 will wont even be an issue....the buzzed looks suits you probably just as well as a shaved look will suit you....it will just be a matter of what you think is easier to maintain at that point.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »
JOHN.... 1st of all i am TIRED of hearing your postponements of going all the way and your continous fence sitting.  hell.... u keep saying that u will shave and u don't.  man.... quit crying wolf 2 all of us sly brahs.  u said by the end of july.... what's next by the end of this summer or winter or by the end of the year.

look.... i don't want 2 sound like i'm bashing u but u need 2 quit crying wolf because we r SICK & tired of it.  well.... i'm off my soap box, now.  so.... quit crying and put that razor on that dome.

WARHAWK O0

PS... this is probably my 1st "mean" post but i'm just tired of the crying.... oh... and john don't take this personal i'm just telling u like it is.... u r part of the brotherhood.... i'm just giving u the facts as a brother!!!

Chill, guys.  He'll do it when he's ready.  Let's not try to bully him into it. 

John, I totally understand how you feel -- been there, done that.  But you really have no idea how very close you are at .50.  You have time to shave it and still grow it back to where you are before your commitments.   It will only take about 24  to 36 hours to grow back.  So, if you want a sneak preview, now's the time to go for it.     O:O

P.S.  I don't want to see photos of any member of this group in a thong, with the notable exceptions of MagmaBabe and Hot Cajun. ;D

First & foremost, John do what YOU want, its your life, and I thought this site and being "SLY" was about being confident and your own person. John is a big boy, I'm sure he will make the move when he is ready...like Razor said, stop bullying the guy :popo

Secondly TimmJ you really need to calm down dude, you tend to take things a litte too far. You are not representing the "SLY"...just chill this is a great site, it doesn't need any crazy sense of humor to make it better. This is called "constructive criticism" O0

John, do what you need to do and when...if you have any questions or concerns, there are plenty of good guys that will give you honest answers or true experiences, I'm hear whenever O:O

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 05:26:46 PM »
john..... sorry 4 the "tough" love but please quit telling us when u r gonna decide 2 go all the way.   just do the deed!!!  i enjoy hanging out w/ u and all the sly brahs in this forum. 

WARHAWK O0

Come on guys....its not important how long it takes you to get sly....just that you get there.  We all got here different ways and in different time frames.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:28:48 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »
johnmont..... if i offended u or any of the sly brahs, here.  i'm sorry.  i didn't mean 2 come out as "bullying" u.  it's just that i got that bug of being sly.  that's all. oh.... and paul u   r  right it doesn't matter how long it takes... just that u get there. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »

Like I said in my earlier ones; I am going to do the deed; but (sorry guys) AFTER this big event coming up in my life; It will be cool enuf facing them with my short buzz ( I DO plan on giving myself a .50 ALL OVER, top included, before going to the event) ...  I know, it's almost a shave; but I need to take these baby steps. 

My prediction is that you'll get a lot of compliments about the short buzz -- and that a few people will refer to it as a shaved head; most people don't make any distinction between a little stubble and a clean-shaven dome.  This will make it all the easier for you when you do decide to shave it.   And when you do, you'll have a feeling of extreme satisfaction at having confronted your fear and done what you wanted to do.  That first shave is a lot of fun -- exciting and a little scary, like riding a rollercoaster, but extremely gratifying all that the same time.  I wish I could experience that feeling again.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »
Hey, John, I'm here with ya Bro.  But I am taking you at your word.  If we don't see that shaved dome by your "date", me and some of the other SLY Bro's are heading north with razors in hand... :x!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:30:30 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
First & foremost, John do what YOU want, its your life, and I thought this site and being "SLY" was about being confident and your own person. John is a big boy, I'm sure he will make the move when he is ready...like Razor said, stop bullying the guy

Secondly TimmJ you really need to calm down dude, you tend to take things a litte too far. You are not representing the "SLY"...just chill this is a great site, it doesn't need any crazy sense of humor to make it better. This is called "constructive criticism"

John, do what you need to do and when...if you have any questions or concerns, there are plenty of good guys that will give you honest answers or true experiences, I'm hear whenever  ( QUOTE)

Hey Hey Hey...I didnt mean for it to be critizism...I was just tryin to get him to go for it.   He is basically there already.  Im sorry but I tend to try to just push people just a little when they are liek that close to the edge.  Not that I would push people into harms way cause I am not like that.  I am a very caring person adn I would go out of my way to do anything for anyone. I had not intentions of making John mad or upset in anyway... and if that were to happen..I would be right there and the first to apologize.  Maybe I am wrong on the whole thing....but I said what I said and there is nothign I can do to change it and I have already apologized a few post back so lets all be ready with our beers and champaigne on JULY 23...is that correct JOHN??????? LOL...you go bro you can do  it.. And to all you other sly bro's.......BUFF THAT DOME ! lol

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:05 PM »
John, you'll have to forgive us, but we're all your friends here.  This is like the anticipation of an impending birth for us, and you're 3 weeks overdue.  We know how thrilled you will be once you do it, and we'll all be happy for you.  I know when I saw your first avatar (very small and not real clear if I recall), I thought you were already shaved until I caught on from your posts that you hadn't done it yet.  You're just so close right now that except for you, it will probably be a non-event to everyone else.  Don't worry about being the center of attention.  The sly look is so common that most people don't give it a second thought.  If anyone notices, it will probably be the combover dudes who are jealous.  If I were a gambling man, I would bet money that when you finally do it, you will be so relieved and will look back and shake your head at all of the anguish that you've been putting yourself through.  I have a 12 pack in the fridge, so don't make me wait much longer.   B33r
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

JohnMont

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 12:25:20 AM »
 This is like the anticipation of an impending birth for us, and you're 3 weeks overdue.

That is a GREAT analogy ... my wife was a couple weeks overdue with our first (and only) and it was gruelling ...

Said I wouldn't post till the 23rd ; but wanted to say; thanks to everyone, and no apologies necessary; not from Timm, not from anyone.

John

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 12:36:33 AM »
Don't worry about posting up bro.  Especially if you have any technique questions when you're ready to do the deed.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.