Author Topic: Bad anxiety from thinning hair at 19  (Read 4697 times)

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
Bad anxiety from thinning hair at 19
« on: September 24, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »
(Only 19) The anxiety really affects my mood and quality of life. The thing is, I buzz it down to a 2 often now. But now not much hair is falling to the ground when I buzz it...because my hair is growing slower. My hair is thinning on the sides of my head in a non-mpb pattern and when I went to the doctor he completely disregarded everything I said and insisted I have anxiety. But I swear I can recognize my hair growing differently and looking differently. I notice short hairs falling onto my phone and computer and what not. How do I get over this? I feel like my self-image is tied up in my hair. I don't want to lose my facial hair and eyebrows either but doesn't a non-mpb pattern mean hair-loss of the head, face, and body?? Really worried about attracting women, I'm not an extrovert, I'm an introvert and I can't just charismatically attract tons of people with an amazing outspoken personality.

I'll try and attach pics that are kind of similar from google images. I want to remain anonymous and don't want anyone I know coming across me posting pictures and personal problems.

Also, how can I find it within myself to not care and to be happy, confident, and still feel like I can attract girls?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:54:28 PM by USA man »

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: Bad anxiety from thinning hair at 19
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 12:49:16 AM »
Well look around at other men and women they look amazing as I am sure you will

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: Bad anxiety from thinning hair at 19
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:42:06 AM »
Anxiety and nervousness can cause the kind of hair loss you're mentioning.  It's unfortunate your doctor isn't taking you more seriously.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:03:56 AM »
Many women like confident, funny, engaging, and sometimes daring men. Don't be a wallflower.

Talk to women, learn the "Art of Flirting". Have a little self deprecating humor (laugh at yourself). And a big one here..... women LOVE men that ctually listen to them when they talk.

Just questioning these things that you are questioning puts out a negative "scent" that women can smell a block away.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline USA man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:46:28 PM »
"Many women like confident, funny, engaging, and sometimes daring men. Don't be a wallflower.

Talk to women, learn the "Art of Flirting". Have a little self deprecating humor (laugh at yourself). And a big one here..... women LOVE men that ctually listen to them when they talk.

Just questioning these things that you are questioning puts out a negative "scent" that women can smell a block away."

I agree with all these, is there any way to practice and work on my personality to become confident, engaging, daring, and to stop questioning my appearance and stop being a wallflower?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
You just have to make the decision to be those things. Becoming happier with yourself will go a long way toward helping.

Just start talking to people randomly when the opportunity comes up. Engage people. Enjoy your Life!!!!

If your hair is bothering you the way it is, try to find some style, clippering,etc. that you feel suits you and that you are comfortable with. Change can be tough so try not to dwell on it but move forward with it.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:38 PM »
I just looked at your photos again and though your hair is a bit thin, I think it looks fine as is. It's a bit tough to tell for sure from these photos but that's what I see.

PM me if you would like to chat off of the Forum.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
When you first start noticing that your hair is starting to thin or recede, it can seem like you've lost a lot of hair very quickly, but the truth is for most of us it is a slow drawn-out process, which means that you really don't have to do anything for a very long time except make minor modifications to your haircut.

I started receding at the temples when I was about 20.  I didn't start shaving my head on a regular basis until I was 35 and I still had some hair on top, though it had become quite thin.  So relax, you're probably years away from turning into one of us bald guys.   :D

That being said, I wish that shaved heads were the norm when my hair started going.  Always remember that you're lucky to have that option.  It wouldn't bother me a bit to be a bald 19-year-old in this day and age.