Author Topic: Saw another SBG out and about...  (Read 2670 times)

Offline WarrenC

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Bald since August 2013
Saw another SBG out and about...
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »
So it was a Sunday morning, I was out in town because there was a local carnival on and wanted to take a look. I went into a store to look for a birthday present for my niece and started browsing the catalogue. I had my reading glasses on (looking very Walter White-esque) & just in front of me, a fellow Sly Bald Guy was having a catch up with his friend.

He pointed at me and said to his friend "He's my brother" and started laughing, I looked up and was like "What the hell?", but gave a thumbs up anyway. Another thing I noticed, since i've been sly people have been giving me funny looks and stuff, but while I was wearing my glasses, they found me more approachable and less intimidating I guess!

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: Saw another SBG out and about...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »
I think he meant that in a friendly way. I have found being sly (again) has made me instant friends with other sly guys. Welcome to the confraternity of the glabrous. ;)

isleepinthebuff

Re: Saw another SBG out and about...
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »
 I've hardly ever  had anyone with a shaved head say anything. I can think of once or twice in all the years. There's another guy I work with whose not based from the office, he's never passed a comment. There's another guy at my gym and we've stood at the sinks shaving and never passed a comment!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:27:47 PM by Slyest »

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
There have been times when I was expecting the "nod of acknowledgment of similarity" but felt snubbed instead.  I think some guys want to be the only one in a certain vicinity rockin' a sly style.  lol 8)

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »
There have been times when I was expecting the "nod of acknowledgment of similarity" but felt snubbed instead.  I think some guys want to be the only one in a certain vicinity rockin' a sly style.  lol 8)

I don't acknowldge everyone with a beard, or over six feet tall, or people with tattoos, or people wearing a stripey shirt if I'm wearing one. So I guess  I don't expect it from another bald head!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 02:33:36 PM »
There have been times when I was expecting the "nod of acknowledgment of similarity" but felt snubbed instead.  I think some guys want to be the only one in a certain vicinity rockin' a sly style.  lol 8)

I don't acknowldge everyone with a beard, or over six feet tall, or people with tattoos, or people wearing a stripey shirt if I'm wearing one. So I guess  I don't expect it from another bald head!

True.  I guess the only time I have ever commented to another sly guy is when we were sitting next to each other waiting for our son's to get hair cuts.  I made a comment of how I was glad to not have to worry about getting mine cut anymore, and he said he has saved a lot of money.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:35:44 PM by slymyke »

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
I spend more on razor blades than I did on a haircut!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
Since shaved heads are really common now, I don't expect anyone to say anything.  Nor do I hardly say anything to anyone anymore.  Once in awhile I will say something, but the person has to be throwing out a friendly vibe.  In reality, since I have been growing a big beard, which is not as common, I will get the nice beard comment.  Or if I say something I usually get a nice comment back.