Author Topic: jobs  (Read 3606 times)

Kady

jobs
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:52:34 AM »
In your opinion, how hard is it for a professional bald woman to get a job? Can employers discriminate based on here no hair there look?

Just curious!
Kady

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »
I wouldn't think that an intelligent employer would discriminate against female or male employees or portential job candidates based on hair or lack of it.  Its qualifications that matter not appearance.  I could see that some employers might be very sensitive to it if the person involved is in a high visibility job.  Lets face it an employer might be opened minded but potential clients might not be. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Kady

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:30:22 AM »
That makes sense. I already have a job, so I'm not too worried about it. I am currently finishing school, and am thinking ahead for the future. I am, however, very proud of those women and men who are not ashamed to be bald (or shaved as is my case). We are taught by our society to look a certain way, and it is very awesome to feel FREE!

: O0Kady

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
I agree with Paul, though, I've seen bald women in customer facing roles - mostly trade shows.  Just don't try getting a job at Hair Club for Men!  LOL
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: