Author Topic: 17, balding and asymmetric face. What should I do?  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Goingbaldsucks

• Learning the way of Sly
17, balding and asymmetric face. What should I do?
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
I've always had insecurities about my asymmetric face. One side is quite round while the other is more sharp and chiselled. It's semi-noticeable; so in order to prevent people from noticing, I'd always have stylish medium length hair.

Just recently I buzzed it for a change and I noticed that I was balding, I'm a Norwood 2 at the moment and it seems to keep receding. Also, buzzed does not suit mr at the least. Now I'm trying to grow it again only this time, I'm gonna wear a stylish hat to give the illusion of a thick full head of hair.

I know the hat and hair will only work so long until I'm a Norwood 6 or 7 which I know is going to happen since it happens to most teenagers who lose their hair. What then? I need help from the shy bald guys

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: 17, balding and asymmetric face. What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:26 PM »
Welcome, sir.

There is no way to sugarcoat this. If you are going bald, then you are going to have to face the reality of your hair going away.

What you cannot do, however, is allow your hairline to get the better of you. Too many young men get their egos and self-worth tangled up in their hair. You probably are much more aware of what you think are your physical imperfections than anyone who looks at you.

If you are 17 and just noticing that your hair is receding, then you probably have a few years before it becomes noticeable to anyone else. I would not make any decision about what to do just yet. You have plenty of time to weigh your options.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: 17, balding and asymmetric face. What should I do?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
No one has a symmetrical face. No one.

Did you ever try the trick where you take a full face photo and use a mirror to see what each side looks like as a whole? It's freaky.