Author Topic: Where to buy razors ?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Mojo Risin

• Learning the way of Sly
Where to buy razors ?
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:16:29 AM »
I'm a student and it can cost sooooooo much.
Do you guys have a website or some retail stores in Canada that sells good bundles for a cheap price ? And I insist on the word cheap.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Where to buy razors ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:01:53 AM »
here in Texas I get the cartridges for my M5 razor at local grocery store (HEB) $5.88 for a package of 5 cartridges.  Last for bit more than a month as I change once a week.

Offline Bespoke

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:15:10 AM »
The cheapest for me is to use a Double Edge (DE) Safety Razor. I use a Gillette Super Speed (Black Handle) and I get razors at Walmart. They are Wilkinson brand and a pack of 10 is something like $1.74! One blade will usually last me for about a week. Although, some people switch out their blades everyday, at $1.74 for 10, it ain't that bad! You can pick up a new DE razor on the interwebs (just google DE razor) or you can buy vintage on ebay and check craigslist. I hope this helps!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
The cheapest for me is to use a Double Edge (DE) Safety Razor. I use a Gillette Super Speed (Black Handle) and I get razors at Walmart. They are Wilkinson brand and a pack of 10 is something like $1.74! One blade will usually last me for about a week. Although, some people switch out their blades everyday, at $1.74 for 10, it ain't that bad! You can pick up a new DE razor on the interwebs (just google DE razor) or you can buy vintage on ebay and check craigslist. I hope this helps!

If you can get proficient with a DE, not only are the blades cheaper, but the shave is incredibly close.  It takes a little time and effort to learn, but it's worth it.  Walgreen's and Harmon both sell the Wilkinson Sword blades for under $2. 

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »
Try The Italian Barber (    http://www.italianbarber.com/razor-blades)   unless you can get DE blades cheaper through Amazon