Author Topic: Headblade Head Shed review (initial experience)  (Read 4089 times)

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
Headblade Head Shed review (initial experience)
« on: August 18, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »
So I saw that my local Walgreens had HeadShed in stock so of course I grabbed a bottle.  Couldn't wait to use it the next morning!

Here's my first time experience:

Pros -

A little bit goes a long way
Pleasant scent
Definitely gets your head clean!
Average priced

Cons -

surprisingly aggressive abrasion.  maybe too much for my taste.
probably better suited for shower use, as it takes a minute or two to make sure it is completely rinsed off

I do like the product.  I'll have to use it a few more times before I decide if it joins my regular rotation.  My only real complaint is the level/size of the grit.  On my head they felt HUGE.  Almost like I was rubbing gravel on my head LOL  Other than that it's pretty good so far...

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:20:16 PM by Tyler »

** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline Dmac

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Headblade Head Shed review (initial experience)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
I use this a few times a week and enjoy it, i use it on my face as well. Too tough to use daily so I'll rotate with the headblade wash. My only complaint is the fact I have to unscrew the top to get the product out as it clogs the dispenser cap and then it's easy to get too much out and end up wasting it

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
Yep i agree about not using it daily... i'll have to check out the Headblade Wash..  Out of habit (i'm slightly OCD lol) I always rinse the bottle nib with hot water before I close it.  That might solve your clogging issue...
** Wutwutman **

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »
I really like HeadShed, but it's not for daily use and it's much better to use it in the shower.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
I've used it before, but I won't again.  As WutWutMan said, the abrasive grit felt HUGE and, if you'll pardon the expression, rubbed me the wrong way.  I find a lil soap and a nylon-net scrubby thing works just fine to get any dead skin off.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Amaten90

• Learning the way of Sly
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 04:29:37 AM »
Absolutely love this stuff. I've personally never had a problem with the grit, feels great on my head.

With that said, I definitely don't use it daily; mostly every other day in the shower. I'm sure daily use would start bothering me to a degree.

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »
I used it a couple more times.. in the shower.  I must admit that changed the experience for the positive for me.  Although the grit still feels like gravel, using it in the shower makes for a MUCH nicer feel.  And it rinses much easier.  So it going into my rotation probably a couple times a week.  My dome always feels squeaky clean after using it LOL
** Wutwutman **

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
I use it about once a week, in the shower. I use it just before that day's head shave.

I don't find it overly abrasive, but just about right for me. I think if I used it everyday, that would be a different story.

Enter your email address: