Author Topic: YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80's IF:  (Read 70170 times)

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80's IF:
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 11:33:36 AM »
Sorry, gotta go with Jo.  She was hot because she didn't want the attention, so she hid how hot she was.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »
Oh but what about Valerie Bertinellie..or how ever you spell it.  Favorite all time saturday morning show was THE LAND OF THE LOST

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »
Sorry, gotta go with Jo.  She was hot because she didn't want the attention, so she hid how hot she was.

Well, at least you didn't choose Natalie.   >:D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »
Oh but what about Valerie Bertinellie..or how ever you spell it.  Favorite all time saturday morning show was THE LAND OF THE LOST

She wasn't in Land of the Lost.  That was some blond chick who wore braids and a checkered shirt.  Valerie Bertinelli was in One Day At A Time, before she married Eddie Van Halen and went on to do Jenny Craig commercials with Kirstie Alley.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:08:52 PM by RazorX »

BALDANDRE

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »

Yea, I hear ya...especially towards the end when they "girled her up" more...but then just when you were diggin' the new Jo....BAM, you kinda get grossed out when they bring the male version of her on the show ...hairstyle and all.....

remember when George Clooney joined the cast...him and Jo looked the same...both had those big mullets...kinda creepy...

if you looked back, the dudes and the girls really looked similar during that time, more than we thought when we were livin' it :(

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 11:43:05 AM »

if you looked back, the dudes and the girls really looked similar during that time, more than we thought when we were livin' it :(

Yes, it was the Age of the Girly Man, in a lot of ways.  We can thank Boy George and Wham for that.  :(

BigJimW

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 11:53:06 AM »

Well, at least you didn't choose Natalie.   >:D

Hey, what you talkin' about Willis! Natalie was hawt.  O0

Hey, since we're on the subject, I opened a poll

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=2223.0

I even included Mrs Garrett in the running.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 11:54:45 AM by BigJimW »

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »

She wasn't in Land of the Lost.  That was some blond chick who wore braids and a checkered shirt.  Valerie Bertinellil was in One Day At A Time, before she married Eddie Van Halen and went on to do Jenny Craig commercials with Kirstie Alley.

Yeah, I don't know who that girl was, but it definitely wasn't Valerie.  I remember that girl's character name was 'Holly.'  I wonder if she ever made it with Chaka, or maybe the Sleestax (sp?) finally got her.

Well, at least you didn't choose Natalie.   >:D

Nah, I don't think so.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

BALDANDRE

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 12:10:32 PM »
I remember that girl's character name was 'Holly.'  I wonder if she ever made it with Chaka, or maybe the Sleestax (sp?) finally got her.

Marshall, Will and Holly on a routine expediton......

Wasn't Chaka played by Clint Howard?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »

Yeah, I don't know who that girl was, but it definitely wasn't Valerie.  I remember that girl's character name was 'Holly.'  I wonder if she ever made it with Chaka, or maybe the Sleestax (sp?) finally got her.

Check it out:  everything you ever wanted to know about LOTL but were afraid to ask:

http://www.landofthelost.com/index.htm
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:28:43 PM by RazorX »

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »
Good catch, Andre. I think it was Clint. If not, they were separated at birth.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »
And, BTW, Land of the Lost aired in the 70s, so we are REALLY dating ourselves.  :(

BALDANDRE

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »
And, BTW, Land of the Lost aired in the 70s, so we are REALLY dating ourselves.  :(

Dude...when I was 3 yrs old, my baby sitter watched the "nasty" show....Love American Style...which featured a spin off series.....

... Happy Days......., which spun off Mork and Mindy and Laverne and Shirley

BTW, my sitter was "Dora with the Bouncy Boobs"...
as all the kids called her, of coursew she watched the nasty show! >:D

BigJimW

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 12:23:20 PM »
Ok, if you guys want a challenge of the 80's, I have a couple of questions fer ya:

Who played Bob Denvers sidekick in the TV show "Far Out Space Nuts"? (Extra bonus if you can tell me what type of rocket they lifted off with)

What TV show did the TV series "The Real Ghost Busters" parody when they got their mission?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 12:25:49 PM »
OK OK you all..you miss understood my post... I was talkin about two different things there...I know Valerie wasnt in the land of the lost...gezzzzzzzzzzzz....give the old guy a break LOL