Author Topic: thinking of getting an ear piercing  (Read 55939 times)

Offline slybald

• Sly Jr.
Re: thinking of getting an ear piercing
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2014, 09:54:21 AM »
a lot of people in my country thinks that if dude has piersing he is 100% gay fuckind stereotypes    >:( its ambarasing that not only old generation thinks like that but a young one too

p.s i am not against gay people
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:11:33 AM by slybald »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
But it is sad that the rest of the world hasn't come as far as SBG where whether one is gay or straight is simply a matter of "so what?"

Offline slybald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2014, 12:03:55 PM »
But it is sad that the rest of the world hasn't come as far as SBG where whether one is gay or straight is simply a matter of "so what?"
ofcourse we all are same no matter who is our boyfriend or girlfriend :D

Offline okiebald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
I, like Mr. Zed, am 60ish.  Recently I buzzed my head with #1 and like it a lot- am thinking of shaving it completely to get rid of the gray fuzz left.  Also, to my surprise, I've gotten all-positive comments about it.  I've also tossed around the left earring thing for a long time, but I've not had the "guts" to do it, at least not until now.  I don't think my wife would be on board-yet, and my social situation, which is almost 100% church related (I'm very satisfied with that, btw) would not really go for it either.  So, I'm left with this.  I've wondered if there is a kind of retainer that would be almost invisible that I could put in while the piercing is healing.  Then I could "work" on the family and others.  If the piercing is healed, I could, of course, wear the earring when I wished.
Kind of disjointed, but I've wondered about this.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »
Earrings really aren't my thing but I don't understand why this is such a polarizing issue in some circles.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
Hi Okie, I'm in that 60ish club too. I was almost all grey by 35yo. A couple of advantages of shave the grey hair is it makes you look younger, and you won't have any shadow of a hair line at all. I like to keep my head tanned and shiny!

Mike
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
Shave the grey away! I have the same issue. A couple days of growth and its all silver stubble. Yikes!

Since this topic about ear rings was raised, I have taken note and surprised by the number of older guys with earrings. I never really thought about it before, but I think it's pretty cool to be sporting rings. I say go for it. I would say all the rings or studs have been very tasteful.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
Thanks to Mr. Zed's encouragement, I got my left ear pierced at 50. My wife initially laughed at me and my kids were perplexed by it. But is was something I always wanted to do and now six months later, I'm happy I did it and I like it. My family got used to it quickly and I only had to tolerate a minimal amount of ribbing. I work in an elementary school and was concerned how that would look to the administration and to parents, but no one even bat an eye.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »
Thanks to Mr. Zed's encouragement, I got my left ear pierced at 50. My wife initially laughed at me and my kids were perplexed by it. But is was something I always wanted to do and now six months later, I'm happy I did it and I like it. My family got used to it quickly and I only had to tolerate a minimal amount of ribbing. I work in an elementary school and was concerned how that would look to the administration and to parents, but no one even bat an eye.
Hey Mike:

Can you post a photo of yourself with your piercing? 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
a lot of people in my country thinks that if dude has piersing he is 100% gay fuckind stereotypes    >:( its ambarasing that not only old generation thinks like that but a young one too

Well then Slybald, perhaps it is up to you to set a new style and change the minds of people in your area - go get your ears pierced!  It looks great with a sly head!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2014, 03:58:25 AM »

I've wondered if there is a kind of retainer that would be almost invisible that I could put in while the piercing is healing.  Then I could "work" on the family and others.  If the piercing is healed, I could, of course, wear the earring when I wished.
Kind of disjointed, but I've wondered about this.

I live in a very conservative and Christian context. The comments about my earring have been minimal. Among closest friends, there was a little bit of teasing, but in good humor context. Be sure you know why you are getting the earring and that you can give a short 'elevator' talk about it to answer questions that come up.

When you get your ear pierced, you need to wear the jewelery 24/7 for about 8 weeks before you take it out or change it up.  You do clean it regularly, but you don't remove it.  While there are retainers which can be inserted when you don't want to pierced look, you really can't use them until after 8 weeks, and by then, people are used to it, so it is a moot point, unless it's an issue at work that earrings on men are prohibited.

I like variety, so I change my earring daily, but that 1-2 minutes for the change is the only time I go without my something in my piercing. 

I'll PM with more details.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »
Randy, this photo was taken about a month ago. I think people don't comment because I usually wear this small hoop or a small ball and they are not screaming for attention.

Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slybald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »

Well then Slybald, perhaps it is up to you to set a new style and change the minds of people in your area - go get your ears pierced!  It looks great with a sly head!
i think i will get it but i am afraid if it wont fit me  ???

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2014, 11:57:25 AM »
I am starting to consider getting my ear pierced I don't think I could do my lobes maybe one cartilage when I finish school I want to go work on cruse ships and from what I've read I can't have earings so I thought maybe a cartilage ring would work it would be easily hidden

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2014, 02:32:53 PM »
Randy, this photo was taken about a month ago. I think people don't comment because I usually wear this small hoop or a small ball and they are not screaming for attention.

Damn Sam!  You really look good!  I can't even imagine you with hair you look so good!
Your earring hoop is just a tad bit thicker than mine.  And you are absolutely correct; "understated elegance" is the way to go.  It says;  "I have a sense of "style"; perhaps even an "edge", but I am such a self secure person I don't have to shout for attention.  My look and my persona attract all of the attention I need from other people"!

IMHO I prefer when you keep your beard trimmed back a little, but I understand that you are changing it up for a while.  Go for it!