Author Topic: help with head blade - cut myself  (Read 4429 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
help with head blade - cut myself
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:09:30 PM »
I tried the head bladesport, i happened to nick myself real bad on the back of my head,it took about 20 minutes for the bleeding to stop , but overall i got the smoothest shave ever, iam a blader for life,
what is the best way to shave with the headblade

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: help with head blade - cut myself
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:47:06 PM »
slow and cautious bro. after you get the hang of it you will get faster. just remember to keep the pressure on the wheels. good luck.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BigJimW

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »
I found that shaving with the grain when you first start is easier and gives fewer chances at nicks. My next step is going against the grain.

Also as they say, apply no pressure. Just let the blade drive itself on your scalp, keep the wheel or pad (depending on which HeadBlade you bought) on your scalp. Applying pressure gives a high risk of getting cut.

It does take a few tries to get the HeadBlade to work as you want. But once you found the right way that works for you, you'll love it. :)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »
Thanks, i do have a big cut, iam wondering how long it will take to heal, i have just put neosporin on the surface of the cut, iam hoping i can shave tomorrow without much of a bleeder.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 08:10:41 PM »
Thanks, i do have a big cut, iam wondering how long it will take to heal, i have just put neosporin on the surface of the cut, iam hoping i can shave tomorrow without much of a bleeder.

It will probably take at least 3 or 4 days to heal.  I wouldn't shave over the cut with a blade until it's had a chance to heal.  Shave around it for the time being.  If you have an electric razor, you can try to gently shave over the wounded area.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 11:22:34 PM »
I was shaving this morning and how on earth i managed to cut the top of my ear ...God only knows.  Talk about bleeding...damn it bleed for like 1/2 hour.  Kids adn wife were ready to leave to go to the cook out adn here i had to sit with a roll of papertowel.  I liked to never got it to stop bleeding.

Offline Darrell

• Sly Jr.
  • Official Kilt of The United States Marine Corps
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 08:21:15 PM »
One thing that I do with the HeadBlade is purposely keep a finger off of the front of the razor when shaving those areas where my hair is heavy. That way you don't put downward pressure on the front of the razor as it hits those areas. Also being patient and taking it slow until you have mastered the HeadBlade will help keep you free of nicks and bumps.

I think you will find that in time using the HeadBlade will become second natured. I've reached the point where I can even shave around my ears, and do not need anything but the HeadBlade to completely shave my head as smooth as a newborn's backside.

Darrell

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 12:13:46 AM »
When I get a cut or nick I have to switch off to my electric razor for a few days.   :-\

One thing I noticed with the HeadBlade is that you need very little downward pressure.  I started getting nicks when I got over confident and started going too fast and furious!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 10:58:41 AM »
Today I got the best shave of my life, I've learned to keep reapplying shave lather, no razer burn!