Author Topic: Style Change Related to Stereotyping  (Read 16953 times)

Bald_freak

Re: Style Change Related to Stereotyping
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »
South Bend, 5 minutes away from ND's campus

Offline honestjohnny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 10:37:56 PM »
I'm in Bloomington.  Little to far to hang out  ;D  Oh well.

Bald_freak

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 04:11:56 PM »
yeah just a little. Hell, I don't usually have time to hang with my friends who live in town. Since having a kid, I've become a bit of a recluse.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 03:16:49 AM »
I think a tie and dress shirt (or business suit) can go along with the Sly look, so long as you don't go the "Miami Vice" route.

I prefer shirts with collars because they reduce the "Sloth: just woke up and Febrezed myself down" look.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 07:35:34 AM »
My dress sense has not changed  since going sly. Always have favored Dickies pants and plain  tshirts worn a bit oversized and long. A simple style that is comfortable and looks great. When I want to impress I wear a Dickies collared work shirt.

I'd say I own at least 70 pairs of Dickies pants,20 collared work shirts,20 plain tshirts in white,black,blue,gray,red. And not much else except for my fake plaid Polo shirt seen in avatar on left.

jusbnme

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »
My dress sense has not changed  since going sly. Always have favored Dickies pants and plain  tshirts worn a bit oversized and long. A simple style that is comfortable and looks great. When I want to impress I wear a Dickies collared work shirt.

I'd say I own at least 70 pairs of Dickies pants,20 collared work shirts,20 plain tshirts in white,black,blue,gray,red. And not much else except for my fake plaid Polo shirt seen in avatar on left.

We're sort of the same, at least on the t-shirts.  That's pretty much my hold closet.  Just plain shirts mainly black and white.  Some blue and gray.  I have a few polo type shirts with collars.  The only difference is I have nothing but jeans.  I love jeans.  I won't wear anything else unless I need to dress up for something like an interview.  Even if I go out to a nice dinner or somewhere that is sort of fancy I still wear jeans but I'll wear a polo shirt with them.  I won't even wear sweat pants in the winter time.  I can't stand how they cling to me.  I have a hand full of jean shorts and pants.  On the loose or baggy side of course.  I usually go for the "Levi's Silvertab Baggy" style.  Those are the only ones I know for sure that are just right on me.  But I'll get others if I happen to come across them.  As far as shoes go it doesn't really matter to me.  I usually like to wear all white sneakers since they pretty much go with anything.  Usually Vans because I like a wide style shoe.  The wife bought me a few "island" style shirts a few months back that I liked.  I had never worn any before but since I started wearing those few I kind of dig'em.  So every now and then just to change up I'll wear some flip flops with one of the island shirts.  Or should I say "Schro" shirt.   ;D ;D ;D

BALDANDRE

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 01:57:18 PM »
Hmmm, I'm gonna be pushin' my Cali style on the northwest...most times longer shorts and tee's...I look like a teenager most times....

and it's not a midlife crisis, just never left the style...

ok, i'll probably do jeans when it's really necessary! ;)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
Great thing about plain tees like someone said is that they dont draw attention to some silly design or pattern. Simplicity is the best type of style.

I am nearing 30 and people hassle me often and say that I dress like a 14 year old skater boy but I dont care, I like it and its comfortable.

jusbnme

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 11:42:39 PM »
I am nearing 30 and people hassle me often and say that I dress like a 14 year old skater boy but I dont care, I like it and its comfortable.

That's all that matters bro.  Is that you are comfortable and happy with yourself.  As long as you are being you, who cares what someone else thinks.   O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 12:24:43 AM »

That's all that matters bro.  Is that you are comfortable and happy with yourself.  As long as you are being you, who cares what someone else thinks.   O0

Being sly,  this is one of the tenents that seems to play an integral part in all our lives.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 12:30:44 AM »
I think a tie and dress shirt (or business suit) can go along with the Sly look, so long as you don't go the "Miami Vice" route.

I prefer shirts with collars because they reduce the "Sloth: just woke up and Febrezed myself down" look.

Are you referring to my avatar CY?   :x!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 08:34:43 AM »
Great thing about plain tees like someone said is that they dont draw attention to some silly design or pattern. Simplicity is the best type of style.

Yea, most of us in the "biz" (t-shirt design) go the plain tee route most of the times...

Hey bro, meet your bald 14 year old skater boy counter part! ;)

Dadillac

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
I guess that I am a "dark" character. My wardrobe hasn't changed a bit since shaving my head. And it has only changed slightly in the past year. My daily wardrobe consisted of two things, Levi's 505 jeans, and black Fruit of the Loom pocket t's. In the past year I went and bought cheapo black docker style pants. They are much more comfortable than jeans to me. So no matter what day it is, I am always in a black t-shirt, and black dockers. Does this mean that I have desicion issues?

Don

BALDANDRE

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »
I guess that I am a "dark" character. My wardrobe hasn't changed a bit since shaving my head. And it has only changed slightly in the past year. My daily wardrobe consisted of two things, Levi's 505 jeans, and black Fruit of the Loom pocket t's. In the past year I went and bought cheapo black docker style pants. They are much more comfortable than jeans to me. So no matter what day it is, I am always in a black t-shirt, and black dockers. Does this mean that I have desicion issues?

Don

Who knows maybe you like to keep it simple...didn't Einstein have ten of everything... but it all came together as the same outtfit?

So there you go..... O0

JohnMont

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 03:45:11 PM »

Don

No,just a very cool 'dark' look.  I'm partial to wearing black myself.
John