Author Topic: Style Change Related to Stereotyping  (Read 16958 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Style Change Related to Stereotyping
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »
Like pburke said, "If momma ain't happy, than no one is happy".
i think every married guy can relate 2 pburke's quote. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2007, 09:40:13 PM »
Hey Schro, sorry the Mrs. doesn't approve of the total sly dome. Maybe down the road you can try to plead your case again. You can certainly use the scalp condition as ammo.
I think keeping the peace is great motivation, and pburke hit it on the head.

Though if you start to get the dry, itchy scalp again, well, only you can be the one to decide to keep peace, or scratch and claw your noggin into a bloody mess.   
Maybe you could keep buzzing down with a lower clipper gradation each time til you are down to no guard, maybe she won't notice it, what do you think?    :-\

Offline AdamsvilleAce

• Sly Jr.
    • JD's Myspace
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:35 AM »
Being a big dude and having the stern look(see picture) I've indirectly come off imtimidating to some and it makes them apprehensive to even say hello.
BALDIES!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody ain't able!!!!!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/users_112/563880/samp0f2d16106fd3e898.jpg[/img] [/url]

Bald_freak

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »
I scared the crap outta a co-worker's friend the other day. I guess this chick  refused to get out of her car till I went inside from my break. When the girl I work with told me that I laughed my a$$ off and said "At least I still got it"  :px

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2007, 05:35:07 PM »
I started shaving my head long ago so I cant relate any style changes to that exactly but I guess there are a few things that I notice...

I always try to dress and be neat and clean and keep my clothes and shoes in good shape.

I also keep myself in decent shape.

I try to take good care with my appearance on all aspects.

I think this is a direct effect of standing out as "the bald guy" so often I want to use that attention as a positive thing.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Bald_freak

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »
I started shaving my head long ago so I cant relate any style changes to that exactly but I guess there are a few things that I notice...

I always try to dress and be neat and clean and keep my clothes and shoes in good shape.

I also keep myself in decent shape.

I try to take good care with my appearance on all aspects.

I think this is a direct effect of standing out as "the bald guy" so often I want to use that attention as a positive thing.

Now that I think about it, Me too dude!!!, I started working out around the same time I went sly.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
my style of clothes didnt really change that much when i went sly, though like everyone else I did start wearing dark colours more,  I've always liked black, but it certainly shows up the dome so much better than the lighter colours, which make you look 'washed out'.  I love wearing black shirt, trousers and leather jacket, or a casual 'sports' jacket when I go out.  Also like wearing dark reds, clarets etc.

I do sometimes wear kahki colours, and 'combat trousers' etc, though I wore these a lot before i shaved my head as well, so no real style-change there.

I think the sly look goes equally well with jeans and polo shirts as with suits or smart-casual stuff.  The shiny dome really sets clothes off, and as was said earlier, it really is a fashion accessory in its own right.  I love wearing black and having a shiny head, because it makes you stand out in a crowd: something I would have hated before I went sly.  It has given me extra confidence being sly, because, as someone else commented earlier, you get looked at, and it boosts your ego and confidence.  Thus, I try to dress neater and take more care of my appearence, especially when going out, because more people seem to notice me.

When wearing the sly look, you HAVE to take care of your appearence, because you are representing SLY to the world. 8)

Offline Josh_ua

• Sly Jr.
  • Woah Black Betty
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 07:21:30 AM »
This is actually something I've been worried about when I actually decide to go sly. Will my style not fit anymore? It's nice to know that thing's carry over and that there are certainly ways to accentuate a bald cut.

Interestingly enough, I also started to work-out serious when I started balding.

Josh

Enter your email address: