Author Topic: DE BLADE CARE  (Read 3646 times)

Offline frangi

• Sly Jr.
DE BLADE CARE
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »
Finally!!!!! I had a great DE head shave.  Thanks for all the great tips from every one!!
Quick question, how should i clean the blade after each shave?

thanks

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: DE BLADE CARE
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »
I always wipe mine off with a paper towel and let them soak in baby oil.....I get at least eight shaves off of the same blade before using a new one (unless i want to use another one earlier). Congrats on finding that DE shave that you were seeking!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:15:43 AM by Bayou Sly »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
Because I'll usually use the same razor and blade the next day I just rinse off the blade in the razor under running water, give it a shake to get rid of the excess liquid, and then put it out of harms way.

Been doing it that way for nearly 2 and a half years now without issues.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:55:52 AM »
I leave it in the shaver and just rinse the whole thing under hot water, then shake of the excess water and dry the shaver with a lens cleaning cloth (that takes the soap residue off the chrome)

Then before the next shave I do about 5 swipes down the leg of my jeans or even down the inside of my arm in reverse before I start (to remove any oxidisation from the blade edge) and off I go!
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »
I use a new one every shave...they are so cheap

Offline jaco999

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 03:40:53 AM »
I use new blade in every new shave after that i use the oil but i am confused that which oil is the best after shave?Which brand is the best for it....

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 03:53:51 AM »
I use new blade in every new shave after that i use the oil but i am confused that which oil is the best after shave?Which brand is the best for it....

Baby oil.....Most people will say Johnson's Baby Oil, but the brand shouldn't matter...The key is to leave your blade soaking in the baby oil to keep them sharp and lasting longer.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 05:47:35 AM »

Baby oil.....Most people will say Johnson's Baby Oil, but the brand shouldn't matter...The key is to leave your blade soaking in the baby oil to keep them sharp and lasting longer.

This may sound exceedingly stupid but....I'm assuming you remove the blade from the razor....and that the oil is in a small basin or similar although, in thinking it through, there would be no real harm in leaving the whole head of the razor immersed. An oily handle, however, presents a new set of problems.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
Kinexium shave oil works great on blades and also camillia oil,

that's what people often use on straight razors to stop the blade from rusting. Both spread out over blades without beading and both are fine to be in contact with the skin

I love the smell of Kinexium
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »
I just do a cold water rinse, shake off, then do an alcohol spray, and let air dry.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate it alot.