Author Topic: how you deal with...  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Maleante

• Sly Guy in Training
how you deal with...
« on: July 01, 2007, 04:25:22 PM »
im 27 rigthnow, and since highschool i have shave my head, i´ve been doin this by choice, after a few years im balding, but im still shaving it, i like they way i look, one thing i hate is people always asking me why i shave my head, i remember the very first time i did it, i used to have long hair,and when i went thru my class room everybody was surprised about it, in my country is common when your soccer team loses a game, people shave the head, and everytime i do it, theres always somebody asking me, hey did your team lose?, i dont even like soccer, other thing i hate is fellow mates, or relatives, touching my head, i hate that, in the early years i didnt pay attention on that, thru the years it makes me upset when somebody makes a reference about my baldness,  i mean im bald, and im not trying to hide it, i love it, i love to be a bald guy, but i think that they have to be more discreet, i mean you dont ask and touch the moustache of every moustache-guy you see, dont you? what i do is simply put an upset face and dont answer, or give a rude anwser @c3, to be honest i think some of them are jealous because i look fantastic, i have the attention of all the women (young and old) in every place i am, and thats okey with me, i only hate that stupid reaction of my family or friends "oh my god you are balding" or "why you shave it" how you deal with it?

it´s just me!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: how you deal with...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:34:23 PM »
One of the best ways to deal with rude or upsetting comments about being sly Maleante is to return those comments with a positive and confident attitude about being sly.  Some people will say things just to try and get negative reactions from you.  When they see that what they have said doesn't bother you, they generally will stop because they are not getting the reaction they expected or wanted.  You love being sly?  You get a "Why did you shave it?"  Say, "Because it gets me the women"  You get a "You are balding?" Say no I AM bald by choice and walk away.  Check out other posts here under the Reactions to Being Bald and you will find other choices as well. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
There is no way we are ever going to be rid of rude or ignorant people. I know it might be annoying but I guess we just have to put up with it. Touching your head is a no-no as nobody has the right to invade your space that way. I don't have an easy answer. Sorry.

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 12:08:34 AM »
First of all, welcome bro.  You're right about those people being jealous.  I believe that's why I got all the crap I did from different people when I first started shaving all the way.  I would always say something like, "You just wish you had the balls to shave all your hair off and since you don't you have to make comments to me to make yourself feel better."  Which I think was right because most of the guys that were screwing with me were thinning or balding in one way or other.  But even the younger guys that would mess with me I believe were just simply jealous because they would have liked to try it but were too scared.  Anyway, don't worry about others.  As long as you like it that's all that matters.  As far as people touching your head is concerned, I would just start snapping some knuckles.  J/K  I don't really know about that one.  I've never had anyone except my wife touch the dome so I don't know how I would react.  I guess you could come off with something nuts to really make them stop and think.  Something like, "Hey, I just shaved my a$$...Do you want to touch that too."   ;D ;D ;D 

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
"Hey, I just shaved my a$$...Do you want to touch that too."

Love it!!!

I don't know what I would say/do if I had people rubbing my head.  I think it would be difficult to know unless you're the 'victim' of the touching.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
Not sure how I would react to that either.  Just liek the other day while i was sittin down figuring a job estimate for a couple of ladies..before I knew it thier hands were on my head.  Yeah sometimes I wonder if i walked around without any pants or underwear and I shaved my balls if they would walk up and wanna feel those too?  Highly doubtful but whats the difference ya know?  I mean not everyone shaves their head or their balls so ..anyways....Just live life man...nothing will change the jealous rude ones.  I have ran into many old highschool classmates this past week and none of them seem to have mentioned my SLYness.  Either they just realize we are gettin older ( imagine them standing there thinking to themselves..OMG AM I REALLY THAT OLD?) or they are being polite.  But I wish I could get more comments in the good sorta way.  WELL KEEP IT SLICK my BRO's 

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 05:52:38 PM »
Yeah sometimes I wonder if i walked around without any pants or underwear and I shaved my balls if they would walk up and wanna feel those too?  Highly doubtful but whats the difference ya know?

Hey man, you never know.  Give it a try and if it works let me know.  I'd do it and go hang out at the beach while a bunch of hotties are laying out.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »
ok guys, yer making me more naseuas(sp) than before. and that was bad enough. pg 13 :x!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »
maleante.... unfortunately we cannot get rid of ignorant, rude people.  the way i deal w/ annoying comments is that i give them something positive with a big SMILE.   i might say something like " i shave my head because i like it & its my choice".  more importantly, always give positive feedback & don't EVER give negative feedback(because that's what they want 2 hear).

however.... i'm glad that u r luving your look and when it comes down 2 it.... that's all that really matters.  pleasing yourself is easier than pleasing others.  keep it sly, brah!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:32:52 PM »
I had this lady come into my store today and she is like gossip central ..no one can really stand her..or everyone already knows what they are all about...anyways..as soon as she steps in she hollers Hey baldy...What the hell did you do?  Why in the hell would anyone want to do that to theirselves...you look like sh*t!  you look like you are 15 years older and blah blah blah...
I just turned to her ...looked down at her...she only stands 4 foot tall and is about 65 years old.....and i said two things to her...
1.  BECAUSE I CAN!
2.  I may look 15 years older..but i sure as in the hell aint 65 years old and trying to be a teenager.  Now you tell me which one looks more stupid?  4 ft tall 150 lbs bleached blonde hair  in pig tails and clothes taht would look good on my 7 year old.

Would I lose my job?  probably....but she wont be back.  LOL  GOOD RIDDENS

Offline Meathead

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
Just strike up that pose you have in your avatar and no one will talk smack. It's amazing what a shaved head, sunglasses, and a balled-up fist can do.  ;D
"Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose."

Enter your email address: