Author Topic: Head sweat advice  (Read 31132 times)

jusbnme

Re: Head sweat advice
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
WHAT!???? Nahh im just crazy like that.    Last year when I went to Florida I did some crazy stuff.  I have a friend from Missouri who from another chat goes by teh name of Beano ( yeah like the intestinal gas medicine stuff)  I took a big sign wiht me to the beach that said WE LOVE BEANO  I had people hold the sign while I took his picture and sent him the pictures.  It was funny to see how some people jumped at the opportunity to hold the sign and others that looked at me like I was nuts.  My wife and kids say I embarass them.  But isnt that what you are suppose to do when you go on vacation..to places wherey ou dont know anyone?  At least I do .....way i see it...no one will ever see me again..hopefully.  ANYONE WANT TO GO ON VACATION WITH ME? `Dr!v

We'll have to get back to you on that one.  ???  J/K  ;D

BigJimW

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »

J/K  ;D  Just picturing someone at the beach or a pool in some swim trunks and a big old chef's hat.  LMAO  ;D

I just did. "Chef" on "South Park".  O0

"Well hello children!"  ;D

Gotta love Issac Hayes.  O:O
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:47:06 PM by BigJimW »

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »

[/quote]
J/K  ;D ;D ;D  Just picturing someone at the beach or a pool in some swim trunks and a big old chef's hat.  LMAO  ;D
[/quote]

If I had a big chef's hat, I would definately wear it to the pool, just for the comic factor. ;D  I have been known to swim a few laps with my Viking motorcycle helmet on.

Offline Cerebus

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 06:17:41 AM »
Yesterday was my first day out with the sly and it was 100* here.  I found that the top of my head (where the hair used to be) wasn't sweating at all.  It was all my forehead and high on my neck ...but the shaved top was bone dry.  I was surprised.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
Yesterday was my first day out with the sly and it was 100* here.  I found that the top of my head (where the hair used to be) wasn't sweating at all.  It was all my forehead and high on my neck ...but the shaved top was bone dry.  I was surprised.

It takes a little while for that area that's never been exposed to get seasoned and used to life without all the coverage.....especially when it comes to sun exposure.

Offline Cerebus

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 11:04:18 AM »
Yeah, the first thing I did before heading out for the day was stop at Wally World and grab some sunscreen.  I only went with SPF 15 cuz I wanted to get a little color faster (my noggin was PALE).  I should have grabbed the 30 as I got a little red ...not burned, but too close for comfort.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:14 AM »
Yeah, the first thing I did before heading out for the day was stop at Wally World and grab some sunscreen.  I only went with SPF 15 cuz I wanted to get a little color faster (my noggin was PALE).  I should have grabbed the 30 as I got a little red ...not burned, but too close for comfort.

Yea bro....resist the urge to "tan things up" too quickly...nothin' will crush your new enthusiasm for your scraped dome like a nasty burn that wont let you shave your head smooth in the morning...with spf 30 you'll still get a slight tan...and in a couple weeks you'll natuarally even up!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »
Im finding i am having the same problem.  Just around my forehead and high on my neck.  I just decided I am gonn have to carry a hanky around with me...what color should i go for ?  Red..white..blue..yellow ..pink???  any suggestions LOL

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »
Im finding i am having the same problem.  Just around my forehead and high on my neck.  I just decided I am gonn have to carry a hanky around with me...what color should i go for ?  Red..white..blue..yellow ..pink???  any suggestions LOL

all of the above. >:D >:D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:04 AM »

...what color should i go for ?  Red..white..blue..yellow ..pink??? 

yes

Offline Da_Rev_Juggalo

• Da Rev Is A
  • Sly Jr.
  • Me And My Burm Wraith
    • http://myspace.com/lawman
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »
Working Offshore In The Gulf The Humidity Makes My Head Sweat Very Bad But I've Been Using One Of Those Doo Rags On My Dome And Its Helped Alot. I Find The Thin Mesh Ones Are Easier To Wear Than The Solid Ones