Author Topic: WARNING - Don't be cheap when choosing a razor.  (Read 6987 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WARNING - Don't be cheap when choosing a razor.
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:54:54 AM »
OK, I know the title may seem a bit dramatic, but I had to share my story from yesterday. The lovely Ms. Schro & I were going out for the night (lots of MILFS in attendance), so I needed to get cleaned up. Shower, shave, choose ideal aloha shirt for the event, etc. etc.

Well it came time to shave so I applied the HeadSlick to the face & dome, got out the HB Classic and shaved the dome without issue. I then realized I was out of cartridges for my Schick Extreme3. No biggie, I had a couple of disposable Atras (or something equivalent). I touched up around the ears without issue and then started on my face (I forgot how much better a non-disposable is). Well, as I was shaving right at the jaw line, I felt a little tug/nick. I didn't think much of it, as it didn't bleed for a good 30 seconds or so. But then it bled, and bled, and bled. and f**kin' bled a little more! WTF was going on?  :Xo!

I applied pressure, used a ton of tissues and band aids, and the little f**ker wouldn't stop. When I got dressed, I put on a red golf shirt instead of my normal attire for a very good reason. I then went to the store to get some $ and some Extreme3's and the check out gal said, "Uh, you might want to check your neck". I then went to the store's john, looked in the mirror, and saw a stream of blood from the jaw line to the base of my neck. I also had a pea size spot of blood on my sunglasses that was resting on the collar of my golf shirt. I also had to change my shirt. So, I had to go through the tissue thing again!!!

When the wife and kids returned from their tae kwon do classes, they looked at me with a folded paper towel taped (yeah, I said taped) to my face in amazement. I then went to pick up the babysitter after putting on a band aid (about a 5 minute drive). By the time I got there, the band aid was already complete saturated.

After a 20 minute procedure of gauze, cotton and finally application of liquid skin, we finally got that thing to stop bleeding.
Although we were late for the party (extremely high quality MILF quotient  O0 O0), the rest of the night was a lot of fun.

I know, a lot of unnecessary info. I just want the SBG's to strongly consider the above when you're buying replacement razors. I am never, ever, ever ....... fu*kin' ever using a disposable again!

Enjoy your Saturdays dudes (and dudettes).
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: WARNING - Don't be cheap when choosing a razor.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 08:12:52 AM »
Ouch!!  :-[

While I never had a problem quite that bad, I learned the hard way a long time ago not to skimp on razors.  About 3 years ago when I was really trying to conserve cash, I bought a huge package of Bic disposable razors at BJ's, thinking that they couldn't possibly be that different from the Mach III.  Wrong!
I got my first nicks ever on my dome using one of those and what was not nicked or cut did not stay smooth very long.  I still have a few of those razors left.  I use them to shave around the outline of my goatee, because the Mach III is too bulky for that.  But I don't let them near my dome or use them for any other purpose.

BTW, what is an MILF?

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 08:18:02 AM »
Mom
I'd
Like to
F ***

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »
Mom
I'd
Like to
F ***

OK, gotcha!   :o  Thanks for the clarification.   ;D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:42:54 AM »
WOW what a story.  Hope I never run into anything like that.  I can imagine what everyone was thinking when they seen you walkin thru the store with blood tricklin down your neck.  I would have told them it was special effects..that i was an actor in some horror movie. LOL

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:48:19 AM »
Damn!!!  Ouch bro.  Sorry to hear about that Schro.  I've had some similar things happen to me when trying out a "cheapo."  I guess we all have to learn the hard way.  We all have that thought, "How bad can a cheaper razor be?"  F#@%ing bad!!!  Hey Schro, just pour an extra Schrotini to ease the pain.  ;D  `Dr!n#  O0 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »
Damn!!!  Ouch bro.  Sorry to hear about that Schro.  I've had some similar things happen to me when trying out a "cheapo."  I guess we all have to learn the hard way.  We all have that thought, "How bad can a cheaper razor be?"  F#@%ing bad!!!  Hey Schro, just pour an extra Schrotini to ease the pain.  ;D  `Dr!n#  O0 

that is half the reason he bled so bad. blood is too thin from drinking schrotinis.  :*))

that does suck schro. tell me more about the MILFS. >:D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 11:25:41 AM »

that is half the reason he bled so bad. blood is too thin from drinking schrotinis.  :*))

that does suck schro. tell me more about the MILFS. >:D
[/quote]

Yeah...to hell with the cut and the cheap razors, whats up with the MILF's (no offense razorX, but I thought this term was none all over...check out this website, MILFHUNTER)

Sorry about the cut bro, I have a small piece of tissue behind my ear as I type, its those awkward areas when I christen a new blade :Xo!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 11:51:19 AM »
Definitely not the way to start an evening of fun there schro.   But being the obvious trooper glad to see it didn't stop ya.   O0  Next time you get a bad one try putting pressure on with an ice cube and then the stiptic pencil.  I have to take a blood thinner which can make the littlest nick bleed like hell and that always works for me. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »

Yeah...to hell with the cut and the cheap razors, whats up with the MILF's (no offense razorX, but I thought this term was none all over...check out this website, MILFHUNTER)

Nice link ... thanks. `dr**l

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
I'm always on the lookout for some hot MILFs!  I nicked my ear the other day, had a similar time as Schro.  Tried every trick in the book to stop the bleeding, hydrogen peroxide was the last thing I put on the cut and it finally quit.  Not sure if the peroxide done it, or maybe the blood supply to the ear was depleted, since it had bled for over an hour.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 09:40:56 PM »
Brutal Schro!  I hate when that happens; it always does at the least opportune time!  So, back to the MILFs.... >:D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 11:35:09 PM »
I nicked my ear the other day, had a similar time as Schro.  Tried every trick in the book to stop the bleeding, hydrogen peroxide was the last thing I put on the cut and it finally quit.  Not sure if the peroxide done it, or maybe the blood supply to the ear was depleted, since it had bled for over an hour.

Mom
I'd
Like to
F ***

OK, gotcha!   :o  Thanks for the clarification.   ;D

And Medic, it doesn't take a cheap razor to do the ear damage.  Those suckers are hard to stop.  When I've had that happen, I didn't even feel anything.

Don't worry Razor, you're not the only one who didn't have a clue on that one.  I just learned the other day from my kids that cool doesn't mean cool anymore.  It now means Constipated Overrated Out of Style Loser.  I guess we should all just stick to being called SLY.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 07:04:23 AM »
It's a generational thing. Cool is Cool, period.  8)
But you're right Stew, being SLY is just fine.

Oh yeah, I nicked my ear the very first time I used the HeadBlade (not done that since). Those suckers do bleed.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 07:16:35 AM »
It's a generational thing. Cool is Cool, period.  8)

That's the problem.  We date ourselves when we use a term, not realizing that the definition has changed.