Author Topic: Think I'm going to do it..  (Read 1694 times)

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
Think I'm going to do it..
« on: June 26, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »
OK i think I'm going to do the "30 Day"" rule!

My challenge is this.  I havent shaved with a blade since I was 18 or 19 years old.  I've used clippers for the last 25 or so years, for my head and face.  So I have no idea of really what blades are good, what techniques are best, etc.  So I'll be spending a lot of time today gleaning info from you guys LOL  I think I'm gonna do it starting Friday.  So that being said, any advice/suggestions/good jokes are appreciated!

** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline jdcsky

• Sly Jr.
Re: Think I'm going to do it..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:22:36 AM »
Preparation in key for a first head shave, Soak you head.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
For a first timer with a razor, I would try to avoid disposables....There are some good razors such as Mach 3, Schick, etc. But two of the razors I like the most are the HeadBlade ATX (or Sport) and a DE razor. The bad news about DE razors is that the razor itself can be pricey, but the blades are dirt cheap. Some more things you may want to invest in are: Shave Secret from WalMart (to mix with your shaving soap, cream, gel, etc), A shaving brush, and some Bump Patrol (All of these can be found at WalMart). Prepping the head with exfoilant (sometimes) also helps. Some more of the crew will come forward with more suggestions as we go along. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
great advice from bayou...nuce hot shower first so your hair is soft, I'd go for a mach 3 or similar before moving on to a de....heads are more sensitive to cuts and razor burn than your face, an alum block and witch hazel are great for taking care of nicks and irritation. ...take your time...use a good shaving cream with a brush as bayou said...shave with the grain before attempting against...good luck and post a photo

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 05:49:41 PM »
Welcome to the club. I'll echo what geeman and bayou sly said about a hot shower before shaving and avoiding disposable razors. Both will help you get a close shave with little or no irritation. Razor-wise I tend to prefer either the headblade sport or the Schick Hydro 5. They're both expensive but both give good results.
Hair is over rated.

Enter your email address: