Author Topic: Does your head look "sweaty?"  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
Does your head look "sweaty?"
« on: June 27, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »
Hey bros I've got a problem.  After shaving I usually apply either HeadLube, Bald Guyz Gel, or sometimes even Afta or products from Nivea for Men.  With most of these, after a couple of hours if you look at the top of my head it looks like I have sweat beads up there yet there's no sweat?!  Am I using too much of the after-product or could it be something else?  Any suggestions?????

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Does your head look "sweaty?"
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:27:04 PM »
hmm i never got that with headlube..i did get some crumbly things if i rubbed my head when i used matte for men.....but since its hot and humid i havent been using any lotion because my head is never dry with the natural oils in the summer time....winter i have to use it though......cut back on the product and see what happens? or see if you can do without during the summer months without your skin drying out.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »
I use Nivea products as well, and never had that effect. It maybe just be your skin type bro?

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »
Stupid question, but is your skin oily?  My face is naturally oily, but my hair (when I had it) was never oily.  My scalp, as it turns out, is actually very oily.  It doesn't take long for the grease to start showing up for me, probably a couple hours.  I know some people use the Bald Guyz wipes, but if it bothers me, I just use a wet paper towel at work and wipe myself down.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:41:36 PM »
Hey KY,

Which product that you mentioned causes this to happen? Is it one specific? or all?

HBG

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:01:51 AM »
I never have anything that looks like sweat unless it really is sweat.  As HBG asked, is it any specific one?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:48:48 AM »
I get this aswell KySly,i'm using Headlube (matte) at the moment,but i think it happens with most creams.If it bothers me i just normally wipe it with a cloth or something
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 08:25:10 AM »
My head gets extremely oily in the warmer weather now as well. I always have to use Nivea face wash when I get up in the morning and get home from work at night. Other times I just use a wet paper towel to wipe it off. I also use Bald Guyz moisturizer after I shave 

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »
My head also tends to get a little over oily in warmer weather but I usually just let it be until later in the day or at night.  I usually give it a warm water wash with mild wash, such as Nivea sensitive face wash.  Then apply just a little dab of HeadLube to keep it moisturized.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 12:06:22 AM »
I've been using Bald Guyz Gel OR Afta lately, due to a little irritation in the neck area, though that's been reduced when I follow up my shaving with a very cold rinse or the ice cube thing.  I might be using too much product but my skin appears to be oily.  I'm also gonna try one of the washes from Nivea to see if that helps? 

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 03:35:34 AM »
Stupid question, but is your skin oily?  My face is naturally oily, but my hair (when I had it) was never oily.  My scalp, as it turns out, is actually very oily.  It doesn't take long for the grease to start showing up for me, probably a couple hours.  I know some people use the Bald Guyz wipes, but if it bothers me, I just use a wet paper towel at work and wipe myself down.

I use the wet paper towel too.  I love the Bald Guyz wipes, but the price of them adds up. 

Enter your email address: