Author Topic: GIVING UP THE HEADBLADE ATX  (Read 11180 times)

Offline frangi

• Sly Jr.
GIVING UP THE HEADBLADE ATX
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:55:45 PM »
I just do not get.  It does not work for me.  I have to go over and over and  over the same spots to get bbs and that leads to irritation.  any last minute help before i ditch the atx!!!! :( :( :( :(

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: GIVING UP THE HEADBLADE ATX
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
I hear you.

I know it is a sponsor for this site, but I went back to my Gillette Fusion after a few tries with my HeadBlade.  I have much more control and a much smoother result.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »
Make sure you're shaving in the correct directions your hair grows. I never had luck with front to back passes on the sides, so I make bottom to top passes followed by a few top to bottom passes. I finish up with across the grain passes. Start at a temple move along your crown to the other temple.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about that.  If you are still having trouble. . . why don't you have a HEADBLADE GIVEAWAY CONTEST here on SBG.  I currently have a HB Sport Giveaway.  That way what does not work for you may work for another.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »
I have a few sports as well that I would be glad to give away used however.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 04:50:45 AM »
Brother Frangi, sorry you are having such a problem with the ATX.....I find that it's most effective if I have only one day's growth. I have one that I use sporadically, but I have fallen in love with DE razors.....Not to hijack, but have you tried a DE on your head yet?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Raybz

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:34:00 AM »
I was having the same problem with the ATX. I was using the Sport and it was working very well, but I did get the weekly gouge, so I picked up an ATX and was about to ditch it. As a last resort I tried the HB3 with the yellow adapter, Today was SCHMOOOOVE, fast and gouge free with only one pass (2 in my trouble spots)

Don't know about where you live, but here in the Chicago area HB3 blades can be picked up at most Walgreens for $5.00 a pack!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:23 AM »
Are you putting enough downward pressure? I go over the whole lot pretty fast and probably do it similiar to like greatnessinc said.... I go front to back, back to front, sideways, diagonal etc. I don't check anything or do any short strokes, all long strokes and all fast in all directions.
Then I feel around with a bit of Headslick on the hands and usually it's darn good, other times maybe a couple of quick touch ups with the short buffing strokes but nothing major

I've tried stick razors like mach3 and Shick titanium etc but can't get it done as fast as the ATX with the nitrous button pressed
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:05 PM »
What blades are you using?  If the 4 or 6 blades don't work for you, then try the 2 or 3 blades.  You'll need the yellow adapter to do this.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 04:24:19 AM »
I also was not a fan of the ATX. I just could not get a good shave with it.... so I raffled it off here on SBG.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
I agree- just can't make the ATX work- I totally loved my HB Sport with the triple blades. The problem is now they only carry HB 4 in store which stinks on the Sport. I miss Headblading but have found myself using my Fusion ProGlide daily. I wish HB did more to distribute to retailers.

Offline harbingdeth

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 05:07:06 AM »
I ordered the ATX and the 4 and 6 blades. I tried each one on the ATX for 2 weeks and didn't like them either. I used the adapter to put the 6 blade on my sport and I love it. I love HB but I won't be buying another ATX the biggest problem I  had is it didn't give me the quality shave and smoothness the sport does. I am currently on deployment so it took almost a month for it to get here which while not HB fault made it twice as disappointing

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 06:08:38 AM »
Maybe I'm loving my ATX because I started fresh with that before using anything else at all (including stick razors)

I also have read that going from sport to ATX is a complete change of the technique that would have been developed using the sport...
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline matt548

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
I didn't like it either.  Gillette Fusion all the way!

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
Fusion is just too expensive for me.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill