Author Topic: editing posts  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
editing posts
« on: June 27, 2007, 12:31:08 AM »
tyler..could you disable the editing messages? i am the typo king and always having to go back into my posts and edit mistakes  and if you dont do it within 1 minute or less you get that ......."« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:49:21 PM by Kajun »" stuff which makes you look like a retard lol or atleast give us an hour or so before it appears ?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:50:37 AM by Kajun »

VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: editing posts
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:54:16 AM »
tyler..could you disable the editing messages? i am the typo king and always having to go back into my posts and edit mistakes  and if you dont do it within 1 minute or less you get that ......."« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:49:21 PM by Kajun »" stuff which makes you look like a retard lol or atleast give us an hour or so before it appears ?

Hey bro, I like the editing feature because I make a mistake at least 50% of the time.  I don't think it makes you look like a retard.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:18:45 AM »

Kajun ... Look at it this way ... makes you look like a perfectionist
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:32:28 AM »

......or an overacheiving retard. >:D >:D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:10 AM »

LMAO!!!! ;D :*)) :*))

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:37:55 AM »

Hey bro, I like the editing feature because I make a mistake at least 50% of the time.  I don't think it makes you look like a retard.

i think you misunderstood me... not remove the whole editing function,i cant live without the edit button lol...just increase the time that the editing message pops up in your post...there is a setting for it somewhere in the forum settings where you can adjust the time that it pops up...you can set it to never show up...or you can set it for like a hour,day etc...it does nothing to the ability to edit a post...it just gets rid of that message at the bottom of your posts.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:40:01 AM by Kajun »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »

i think you misunderstood me... not remove the whole editing function,i cant live without the edit button lol...just increase the time that the editing message pops up in your post...there is a setting for it somewhere in the forum settings where you can adjust the time that it pops up...you can set it to never show up...or you can set it for like a hour,day etc...it does nothing to the ability to edit a post...it just gets rid of that message at the bottom of your posts.

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  Let me check on how to do that.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »
Hey man, you should be able to Modify your post anytime.  You should see a "Modify" button above your own post.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 11:40:22 AM »
 its not the ability to edit or modify a post..its the message that shows at the bottom when you do...there is a way to disable or delay the timestamp message of the editing process.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
He doesn't want folks to know he has edited his post.   O0 :*))
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 12:06:47 PM »

OK, that was too funny, but now I can't resist.  You misspelled the word 'overachieving.'  Maybe you can ask Kajun how to edit your post. ;D
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »
He doesn't want folks to know he has edited his post.   O0 :*))

ding ding ding..we have a winner! ;D thanks VFR...i think your the only one that understands lol

stew....i would of said something to him about it but my mom always told me not to pick on the slow kids.... :*))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:45:48 PM by Kajun »

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
I notice that your last post was last edited at 12:45.... :*))

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »

OK, that was too funny, but now I can't resist.  You misspelled the word 'overachieving.'  Maybe you can ask Kajun how to edit your post. ;D

i ain't tha won sayin dat i have too bee perfekt.  :P

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »
ok enough of the cracks...this post is not about anyone being perfect or not, because noone is..it was a suggestion about the time stamps that can be turned on and off...thats it....i should of just PM'd tyler...next time i will....