Author Topic: Red marks on back of head / neck  (Read 15800 times)

Offline 100punks

• Learning the way of Sly
Red marks on back of head / neck
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
Hey new poster here. I've been using the Wahl balding clippers for a good 5 months now about twice a week. I've noticed I have an ugly red spot on the back of my head / neck now. I want to know if theres anything you recommend to help it heal faster. I know many of you will tell me to just use a razor, and I have just started using one but it still seems to irritate the back of my head. My fear is having a big blotchy red spot on the back of my head when I have to keep it shaved daily! Any tips? Would ice after shaving help? I use headblade brand head lube after a shave. Maybe theres some other products that may help? thank you!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Red marks on back of head / neck
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »
Welcome, bud! Some things to try are some ice, bump patrol and hydrocortisone. Maybe post a photo so we can see? Again, welcome and enjoy!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline 100punks

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
I'll post pics tomorrow after I give it a trim. Kinda hard to see right now because its been a week since I last buzzed it. Thanks!

Offline 100punks

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
here's a link to a couple pictures (wow its hard to get a good picture of it).

http://imgur.com/Hwb79a5,lWUxH8w

the first pic it doesn't look too bad, probably because of the flash. it looks a little worse in the second. I bought some hydrocortisone but I haven't experience much relief. I've also been making sure to either trim after a shower, or just shave with a razor in the shower. It seems like a pretty bad rash should I take a break from shaving, as much as I'd hate to have to wear a hat around for a few weeks?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:02:18 PM by 100punks »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
That, my friend, looks like a classic case of "stork bite" That is the area that looks red on most people for whatever reason. We just did a thread on this subject, maybe others could chime in? I don't think you have much to worry about, but you could get bleaching cream to make the marks diminish if it is that big of a concern. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline lightbulp

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:43:20 AM »
hey 100punks welcome to SBG  8)

I too, have a Birthmark/Storkbite at the back of my head and posted about that in an other thread.
Have a look here --->  http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=21535.0
Please forgive me for the mistakes in my posts.
English is not my native language.

Offline 100punks

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
Ahhh I see. Glad I posted instead of spending more money on products for razor rash. I might ask about a bleach cream next time I'm at the derm since I have an appt made anyway. I don't mind it being there, but if I could lighten it up a bit that would be nice. Thanks a lot guys!