Author Topic: Re-stretching my septum...  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
Re-stretching my septum...
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
Hey guys,

So, I had my septum stretched to an 8g for about 4 years when I went to see my doctor about a recurring sinus infection (about 6mo), which ultimately turned out to have nothing to do with the piercing, which is what I told the doctor when he asked me to remove the ring and wear no jewelry for 2 weeks.

After 2 weeks empty, the hole closed, not entirely but enough that I couldn't any jewelry I owned into it. So after a few months of missing the ring, I went back to my piercer and starting with a 16g taper we went up a couple of steps and I am currently wearing a 12g captive bead.

I plan to go back and stretch back up to 8g and here is why I am posting.

I am having the damndest time finding any small diameter captive bead jewelry in an 8g. I'm looking for something with a pretty small profile like 10mm or 11mm internal diameter in an 8g ring.

I thought maybe some of you guys might have info on a resource that I don't. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
Re: Re-stretching my septum...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:53:07 PM »
My septum is at 2 gauge now. I wear jewelry (usually a 3/4 inch cbr) once or twice a week, which Is enough to keep it at that size.

I have been buying jewelry from http://www.thechaingang.com/ for a long time. Their quality is excellent, service is good, and the price is right.

I don't know why, but septum piercings seem to bother "normal" people.  I do not care whether anyone likes anything about me, but I get really tired of hearing their crap anout the septum.  They even find it necessary to ask if it is pierced when they notice they can see through the quarter inch hole when I am not wearing jewelry.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re-stretching my septum...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
The moment you get any sort of piercing that doesn't involve an ear, a girl/boy friend or you're very young you fall into the category known as weird/bizarre/strange/anti-social...fill in the blanks. Or, be old and get prominent tattoos or piercings; You join the same club. I'm on track to get my septum pierced but...I'm afraid the ring would get lost in my 'stache....my goal is a solid bull ring but that takes a while. hopefully, I'll finish my right sleeve at the same time as the bull ring goes in. Hopefully. At my height-2 meters-a bull ring will look like a basketball hoop for the young. To this day, the 1.5 meter eagle that crosses my chest causes consternation among many, their usual comment being, "At your age?" To which I can only answer that there is no way of going back and having it done when I really wanted it done 45 years ago.

Enter your email address: