Author Topic: Question for sly brotherhood - with pics  (Read 7623 times)

X The Hierophant

Question for sly brotherhood - with pics
« on: June 25, 2007, 08:02:02 AM »
As I have discussed before in another thread, I plan to try wet shaving at the end of next month and have been in the process of shaving it with closer and closer guards every few weeks to ease into it.  I have noticed that many of you guys have goatees and such, so I thought I would post a quick question...

I had a goatee prior to buzzing my hair, and once my hair got to a #2 (see pic below) I started getting negative comments about it from many independant sources (charles manson/thug/convict/terrorist to name a few).  Before I started shaving my head I got no negative comments on the facial hair.  Anyway, since then I went ahead and shaved it off, and am thinking of regrowing it after I go sly.  My question is do you guys think the goatee makes me look to menacing with the shaved head?  Below are two pics ... one with the goatee and head shaved at a #2.  The second pic is without a goatee shaved at a #1.

Negative and positive comments/advice welcome.  Either way I plan to go sly ... only the goatee is in question.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Question for sly brotherhood - with pics
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:06:22 AM »
I like the without.  The with pic does have a kinda Charles Manson look to it.  But which to you prefer?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »
Hey dude....the bald face doesn't look that bad, looks good in fact...

but honestly it all depends on what "look" and vibe you want to throw out there...if you want more of an arty/musician look I say don't go back to the full goat...my favorite is the bottm only goat or the soul patch...it's the best of both worlds..

simi clean shaven, with a bit of the chin decoration....

I say to make your road to sly a bit less bumpy, go for some kind of facial hair when you shave your head slick...you wont feel so naked out of the shoot!

Then later if you dig being bald I say give the full "Mr. Clean" action a try...it all grows back anyways!  O0

But if I had to vote between the two, the full goat is too heavy...  leave it shaved off.

Later, my soon to be balded bro!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:14:04 AM by BALDANDRE »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:40:58 AM »
Andre is right, leaving some facial hair can ease some people into the sly look so if you are a bit apprehensive grow it back.  The pic without the goat however makes you look younger in my opinion.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 09:41:40 AM »
X,

I agree with KC and BA.
The full goatee, which you have, is actually a "van Dyke", looks a bit too much. It sort of takes over your face. Maybe you could keep it trimmed down very close. Or as Andre said try the true goat , chin only (which I have) or a soul patch.

In comparison tho, the shaved clean looks better on you. But you will definitely look good sly.

Good luck,
"sly in July" Joe

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 09:46:24 AM »
I agree.  You look better without it.  If you want to keep it, try it keeping it trimmed a lot shorter.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »
Without
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:01 PM »
You rock the sly look good either way but without the goatee you have a more "cleaner" appearance to you.  Yes, you do look menacing with the goatee but some guys like to look a little "rough."  The one thing I would suggest, like some others have mentioned, is to trim it down a little more if you are going to keep the goatee. 

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 02:24:52 PM »
Total clean shaved its the best look for you
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
I think you could go either way, but I recommend keeping the beard trimmed down a bit more.  You may even want to consider the 5 o'clock shadow look on your face.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jp_bald

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 03:37:36 PM »
really clean,is the best look for you!!!

greetings, from colombia!!!

Offline Derek

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 03:40:20 PM »
I will admit to being biased in favor of keeping the goatee, since I often wear one myself.

If my goatee was that dark and full, I would probably keep it clipped down to a number 2 or 3 guard, or consider experimenting with different facial hair styles.

Just my $0.02.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
 O0You've got a great goatee. I agree with RazorX: keep it well trimmed and it will complement the totally clean chrome dome. Go for It. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 05:41:54 PM »
Much more clean cut without.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »
O0You've got a great goatee. I agree with RazorX: keep it well trimmed and it will complement the totally clean chrome dome. Go for It. Professor Melon

Hey X, I like the goat on you, as RazorX & the Professor said though, just trim it up about once a week (that's what I do anyway) with a #2 or #3 and you'll be all set.  Let us know what you decide - go with your gut!