Author Topic: Unexpected Customer Behaviour ......  (Read 5824 times)

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
Unexpected Customer Behaviour ......
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:38:20 AM »
I work in various roles from Taxi Controller of a large taxi fleet (like Danny Devito in the tv series) to telephonist and National Express booking agent (like Greyhound buses in America) as and when the need arises. As I'm employed by a very large transport company I get to work with a lot of people and deal with the public face to face.  I have had a lot of reactions, mostly about how smart I look, occasionally nervous but they soon relax when they talk to me.

A lovely old lady came into the waiting room early this morning to wait for a coach. I went out to assist her with her luggage as she was struggling to get in the door. She turned around, saw me, smiled and thanked me. She then did something hilarious. She asked me to bend down and pick up her handbag and when I did she repeatedly slapped me on the top of the head! Turned out she is a massive Benny Hill fan, as am I and we both had a good laugh! The following clip will explain why!!

Offline skin

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Unexpected Customer Behaviour ......
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »
Nice one Adamski  ;D

I haven't watched any Benny Hill in years! I had forgotten how funny he was (is)!!  ;)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:44:15 AM »
 ;D ;D Nice one, Adam! Kudos to you for being a good sport about it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »
National Express eh, Adamski ?

For a while was familiar with the 501 National Express Rapide run from Exeter to London along the M5/M4.

Great Benny Hill story !

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Ah Mr Jules! That service comes through where I work all the time. Is definitely my biggest seller during the summer months. Gonna have to dig out my Benny Hill DVDs now thanks to that loveable Cheeky old woman! Got 'Ernie - The Fastest Milkman in the west' on 7" single somewhere as well  :-)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
Good old Benny Hill..too funny.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
Got 'Ernie - The Fastest Milkman in the west' on 7" single somewhere as well  :-)

This one ?

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
That's the one matey! ;D

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
I'm not sure how I'd react if that happened to me... I admire your composure.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »
I caught National Express bus from Victoria to Exeter via Bridgewater a few years ago.  As a senior (over 60) even though an Australian the senior fare was remarkably cheap compared to the train and it was a most enjoyable ride sitting in the front row upstairs with great view.  Only spoilt by a boring yound Oz girl who spoke loudly on her mobile for the whole journey until I asked her to shut up.  The joys of travel.
Roger

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
;D ;D Nice one, Adam! Kudos to you for being a good sport about it!
I'm a very relaxed happy person generally so takes a lot to upset me. She obviously is still very young at heart and I say good luck to her!

I'm not sure how I'd react if that happened to me... I admire your composure.

I'm always up for a laugh so took it all in my stride. It was a surprise though!

I caught National Express bus from Victoria to Exeter via Bridgewater a few years ago.  As a senior (over 60) even though an Australian the senior fare was remarkably cheap compared to the train and it was a most enjoyable ride sitting in the front row upstairs with great view.  Only spoilt by a boring yound Oz girl who spoke loudly on her mobile for the whole journey until I asked her to shut up.  The joys of travel.

It is a very pretty part of the country and I love getting out into it and enjoying the sights :-)