Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3088 times)

Offline CP2013

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: New Guy
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »
Took one this morning after waking up, is the side profile issue just in my head?  Thanks for commenting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:49:18 PM by CP2013 »

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00:21 AM »
I agree with my brothers, sly suits pretty much anyone with a head! and you have one...you are obviously feeling a lot of worry and concern about losing your hair, it's what most men go through, unless BBC (bald by choice) otherwise, why would "we" try to cover it up with products or systems. From my own experience, i can truly say, that i still smile while I'm having my morning shave and think "why did I wait so long" I no longer have any worry about "going bald" I am bald! and I rock the look! as will you...

Offline CP2013

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
Thanks man.  What it boils down to is owning it and I'm going through my process to get there.  I've had thin hair my whole life and it never bothered me to a huge degree until now b/c its gotten quite thinner in the last 5 years.  I'm not going to try and stop the inevitable with lotions and potions, so I'm just going through my process of embracing the sly way.  I envy the members here b/c you guys completely own it and I just need to get to that point.  I'm gonna watch a few Yul Brynner movies and get some inspiration.  I posted another pic with shampooed hair and it looks much better, its amazing how deceptive hair can be when you're trying to get a good view of the dome.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:17:52 AM by CP2013 »

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 04:47:16 AM »
Thanks man.  What it boils down to is owning it and I'm going through my process to get there.

Take your time, no need to rush.,

I envy the members here b/c you guys completely own it and I just need to get to that point. 

Don't stress you will be with us all soon.

I posted another pic with shampooed hair and it looks much better, its amazing how deceptive hair can be when you're trying to get a good view of the dome.

It's really hard to gauge how good it will look until you do it. :)
Lynchy

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 05:18:05 AM »
Keep reading on the site here. Notice the number of guys who say "I wish I had done it sooner." 

No need to fret over hair.  Also, notice the number of guys who post and 'wonder' what it would be like (shaved head), and then notice their relief comments afterwards.  With a shaved head, you don't have to be concerned about hair looking thin. It always looks good.

do, keep us posted.  You have a team of thousands of guys here on SBG who can support you through the transition to a shaved head.

Offline CP2013

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 11:22:22 AM »
Thanks guys.  Being a type A sucks when you're faced with a major change, you end up overanalyzing the crap out of it.  I just tell myself that the sly way is a cleaner, sharper look.  I'll post updated pics once its done. 

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys. I recommend that you go foir it and give itr the 30 daytrial. If you don't like the look it will grow back.

I was a little nervous the first time but now I love it. That was 7 + years ago. No more bad hair days for me.

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 11:54:17 PM »
Welcome aboard CP... like others here already said you would look great with shaved head.  go for it.  O0

Offline CP2013

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »
I went with a very short buzz cut guys.  I'm not quite at the sly level yet.  But the days of long hair are behind me.  Since my hair loss is diffuse, the buzz looks uniform throughout and I'm forced to see my scalp and the shape of my head.  I wanna get some mileage out of the buzz and get used to my head shape then at some point I'll go sly.  Thanks for all the positive responses guys, they've been very helpful. 

Enter your email address: