Author Topic: A step closer  (Read 14445 times)

JohnMont

A step closer
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »
Hey guys; just wanted to update my pic  with the buzz I gave myself today.  Pretty short; even did the beard in quite a bit.  I know it's pretty close to a full shave, but no cigar yet.  You guys still think 'sly' is the look for me ? javascript:replaceText('%20%3E:(',%20document.forms.postmodify.message); be honest !

Regards,
John

JohnMont

Re: A step closer
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:34:27 PM »
ps.     sorry the pic is so out of focus.   got to refine my photo techniques.
JOhn

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:42:53 PM »
John:  SLY is you, my brother.  It looks great.  Go for it.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »
Dude....my opinion......

you just prepped to shave your head ...CLEAN, I say just do the deed, you look great with a sly bald noggin... it'll look perfect!

I can already see your future messages , saying why didn't I do it sooner!

Do the deed brother, you'll look cool nice and SLY...

P.S. if you did it right this second and didn't like it , you would almost have a #1 or just shy of it by Mon. or Tuesday...just a thought ;)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 03:52:25 PM »
Hey JohnMont....welcome.
You got a good shaped dome. Shave it..if you don't like it you can always let it grow back.

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:03:55 PM »
John, it looks great and looks SLY.   Looks won't change much (at all) when you shave it,  but it will feel soo much better to you when it is smooth.  Later you will look back and this will be what it's like when you didn't shave over the weekend.

So I say, might as well go for it.  You're too close not to
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 04:16:26 PM »
hey john...... just want 2 echo the comments of baldandre & slyinKC, i KNOW that u will luv it when u break out the razor on that dome.  trust us..... u will NOT regret it, brother.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 04:36:27 PM »
John... like Nike says, "Just Do It!"   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »
i'll say it for you....why haven't you done it sooner? shave it bro,your past the point of no return.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 04:49:44 PM »
Man John, it looks good now...going to look awesome sly.    Get it done now and begin enjoying the sly life. O:O
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »
Go for it dude. O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 06:40:22 PM »
Hey John,

You have got to do it, you're right there. It looks like you can't get any closer.
I echo the rest of the guys, shave it off, you will wish you done it sooner.

I am 3 days into a #1 and 0a buzz from the barber, and I am already anticipating going shorter. They are right, it's almost like an addiction.

Sly in July,

Joe

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »
Dude....my opinion......

you just prepped to shave your head ...CLEAN, I say just do the deed, you look great with a sly bald noggin... it'll look perfect!

I can already see your future messages , saying why didn't I do it sooner!

Do the deed brother, you'll look cool nice and SLY...

P.S. if you did it right this second and didn't like it , you would almost have a #1 or just shy of it by Mon. or Tuesday...just a thought ;)

This is exactly what I was going to say if BA hadn't beaten me to the punch.  Looks great, and if you shave it, it will only take a day or two to get back to where it is now. 

I actually don't know how people can buzz down this close and then stop.   I remember the first time I went that short, back in January of '02.   I'd given myself a buzzcut and messed it up and had to go shorter than I planned.  I was using a cheap set of clippers so the only way to go shorter was to take off the guard.  The result was way shorter than I'd planned.  I remember standing in front of the mirror thinking that I was almost completely bald.  Toyed with the idea of shaving it, but I wasn't ready for that yet.  I took a shower to rinse away the loose clipping clinging to my scalp.  Took another look in the mirror when I got out of the shower and toyed with the idea of shaving again.  Nah, I couldn't do that, not now.  Maybe one day.  I got dressed and tried to put the matter out of my mind. 

The next thing I remember, it was about 20 minutes later and I was standing at the sink and had just run the Mach III down the center of my head.   I just wasn't able to resist the urge to finish the deed.  It was the most awesome feeling.  It's hard to describe the sensation when you touch your head for the first time and feel nothing but smooth, bald skin. :)

JohnMont

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, esp. Andre and RazorX.  Thanks, Raze, for recounting that scenario.  I've gone through that a few times, but of course, haven't gotten as far as you with the MachIII  ! !   That day will come soon.  I know I should have nothing to fear --that I will look decent bald.  Looking in the mirror at predawn, without my glasses (yeah; wear them 99% of the time), the image I see is of a bald guy, and he looks pretty good .   Won't be long now . . .

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »
Hey, John, It sounds like you're getting there.  Just take a step back and look at how for you've come so far.  This whole issue is about being happy with your appearance and not having to hide behind anything artificial.  Don't be afraid to go all the way with it.  That's the only way you're ever going to know if it right and I can tell you from personal experience that the freedom and liberation of the experience is awesome. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:46:52 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed