Author Topic: The Horror!  (Read 5309 times)

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
The Horror!
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »
I posted a while ago that I'd stopped shaving in order to keep the peace with my stepdad when I move nearby him and my mom for the summer.

My hair grows really fast, and it's been a few weeks already, so here's what I've got:

Forgive the ridiculous expression, a friend was trying to make me smile but made me laugh instead and I'm trying to hold it in.

As one member kindly said I am still "sly at heart" and still get plenty of "OMG your hair is so short" attention with my hair this length; I don't intend on growing it any longer and once my family is all settled want to go sly again.

It's not as fun nor does it provide as much sensory enjoyment but it's still a big improvement, confidence, convenience, and even appearance wise in my opinion over my long hair.

The things we do for family!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: The Horror!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »
Sly is much more enjoyable!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »
You'll be bald again soon enough by the sounds of things ;)
Lynchy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:05:02 AM »
Bella, I know you prefer sly, but just like me and the beard for the ball, I think you are doing a noble thing by growing hair to make your stepfather happy...You still are very attractive with the short hair! Are you in Michigan yet?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
Sometimes, unfortunately, we do what we gotta do.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
Don't get to MI till the 23rd.  I'm finally all packed so now I just get to enjoy my friends and my city for the next few days :)

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 12:05:31 PM »
I like it. I'll stick my neck out and say I prefer it but that's personal preference. If my hair grew like that I'd be growing it but I make the best of what I've got which means keeping it gone

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 01:39:34 PM »
Slyest, I actually agree with you -- I think objectively I look "better" with short hair than I do completely shaved.  Especially since it's so spiky, I'm like a little hedgehog :)   I'm finding it rather cute.

However being sly for me was not about being more attractive it was about being comfortable with who I am, and confident with who I am.  Being comfortable with being a woman who likes having a shaved head. 

What this has taught me is that I really can go back and forth and keep the newly gained confidence (god was I ever down on myself when I tried to conform to traditional female beauty standards).  It's even more freeing, in a way.   

I can shave, I can grow back, it doesn't really matter in the terms of the universe (NOT to "rub it in" or anything for guys with MPB, but this is simply my reality right now.  I have a full head of hair to grow, but I'm also a female, so it's a wash at best).

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 04:59:26 PM »
I agree with Slyest but then again, what matters most is how you feel Bella.  :)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Slyest

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Bella, I think that's the point to remember! Like the song goes (now who sings it) 'I am not my hair'.

Keep the confidence and the sass cos although you ain't got male pattern baldness you do have balls.

Most of the time when people join and are like "I have great hair should I shave?" I'm like "yeah try it but enjoy your hair" Man I'd have the best boyband hair if I could. To be honest I am stuck in rubbish no man's land. I can have hair, it's just receeded and thin on the crown and the more it is cropped the worse the bald spot looks but I look at guys who have full MPB and am slightly jealous at the sheen, just as much as I look at guys with great hair with envy. - I like being shaved now and hate missing a day (well I shave twice a day)

Hold on, not sure how I turned your thread into being about me. Ooops.

I do like your hair tho! I think the shorter cropped hair is very defining.