Author Topic: For the natural baldies(sorry BBC Im discriminating against you)  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: For the natural baldies(sorry BBC Im discriminating against you)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 07:54:56 AM »
BTW.  This weekend will be the first time that I've seen my family since going SLY.  Wondering what their reactions will be.  It was my dad that always brought up my balding.  Wait till he sees me now. 8)

Hey KC...just remember the key is that you are not bald....but SLY 8) O0  Good luck, sure reactions will be positive.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 08:02:48 AM »
BTW.  This weekend will be the first time that I've seen my family since going SLY.  Wondering what their reactions will be.  It was my dad that always brought up my balding.  Wait till he sees me now. 8)

Hey KC...just remember the key is that you are not bald....but SLY 8) O0  Good luck, sure reactions will be positive.

Thanks, and GOOD POINT!!!!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 10:33:48 AM »
My story is somewhat different.  My maternal grandfather was slick as a boiled onion for as long as I can remember - his was by nature - no shaving back in those days.  I think he was 45 when I was born.  Even though I set through the same biology classes as you guys, it never dawned on me that I would get MPB just like my grandfather.

I started noticing the thinning in the back in my freshman year of college - this was 1983.  My barber pointed it out to me.  I think it was at that time that I made the connection with genetics, maternal grandfather, etc.

Anyway, I panicked.  I was always known in my high school class as the guy with all the curly hair.  I was 19 and panicking.  The girls loved it and I always had to have it fixed just right.

At the age of 20, my barber suggested I go the toupee route.  I bought into it.  Instant hair - all problems solved.  So here I am going through college and graduate school worrying about my hair.  I spent the next 23 years hiding behind the rug.

I went sly last week (with major help from this board).  My advice to you is accept the thinning, balding, whatever.  It is a part of you.  People don't like you because you have hair.  They like you for who you are on the inside.

Bottom line - embrace the change.  My only regret is I didn't embrace it 23 years ago.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 10:40:46 AM »
My only regret is I didn't embrace it 23 years ago.

Funny, that is pretty much echoed by all MPB dudes that finally get the courage to go the sly route! Dudes on the fence...listen up...dudes, get the b@lls to shave your domes slick and smooth and see what you've been missing in your life all this time...

a renewed confidence in yourselves! O0

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 09:07:03 AM »
I thought I never would go bald, my father has a full head of hair, but all the male relatives lost theri hair, i was shocked when I started to recede and thin in 2004, i basically decided to embrace the bald look, i made the right decsision by shaving my head, one of my mothers brothers had 3 hair transplants that failed and my uncle wears a toupee