Author Topic: great MPB horseshoe barber experience!  (Read 7994 times)

Offline BuckeyeMPBdude

• Learning the way of Sly
great MPB horseshoe barber experience!
« on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
New to this board, but been shaving since 1999.

This weekend, I decided to embrace my MPB :

I started shaving my head bald in 1999, because I was having trouble finding agood flattop barber where I lived.A few years later, I decided to grow it out again.

My temple were noticeably receding, but I found a good barber who could sculpt a decent HNT flatty. Wore that for a few years, then went back to shiny bald.Then I turned forty...decided on another grow out, only to discover I was now balding at the crown. My receding front just caught up to by expanding baldspot.

Gentlemen, I am now full blown MPB, and loving it.For awhile I was making a point to shave daily to camouflage the MPB, but got busy and went about a month.

I sought out an old WWII vet barber I went to years ago for my flatties, andasked for a clean up.He said, shave it all off? I said, oh no, I take a close taper sides and back, and then clean off the fuzz on top. He seemed a little hesitant, but went right to work. I walked out with a perfectly tapered horseshoe fringe.

I love rubbing my handover the perfect velveteen graduated fringe in back. Can't stop rubbing it!I love walking around displaying my full MPB. Shaved heads are a dime a dozenthese days, so I am gonna rock this mature manly look.

My hairline is a little ragged on top...anyone know a good northeastern Ohio barber who does a brutal MPB fringe? I want the sides and back whitewall tapered, with a smooth even dome on top.

I also would like to find an older MPB fringe barber to frequent. Love the idea of getting domed by a gruff old school horseshoe fringe barber. Looking forwardto walking in and saying, Just like yours! Any recommendations out there?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: great MPB horseshoe barber experience!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:43:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum, sir! While almost all of our members elect to shave their heads for whatever reason, the main purpose of this site is to let people know that going bald isn't the end of the world and you can live a full life whether you have all, some or none of your hair. That said, if you are happy with the buzzed and tapered horseshoe over going full sly, you still have a place here (provided you follow all the rules). I'm not from Ohio, so I can't help you with a barber that can give you your desired hairstyle, but why don't you post a picture when you can so we can see how good it looks? Again, welcome and enjoy!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: great MPB horseshoe barber experience!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:31:56 AM »
Welcome mate.

If are happy, we are happy. + 1 on the pics, I do believe that some people pull of the bald look well.

Cheers
Lynchy

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Lynchy