Author Topic: An entirely new experience  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
An entirely new experience
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:24:52 PM »
I just have to share my latest experience with you guys.  As most of you know, I just went sly on June 8 so I am really a newbie and still learning.  However, today was really cool.  Our local bar association has an annual golf tournament and steak fry each June.  I have been attending for the last 20 years.  Today, however, I attended my first one SLY.  The coolest thing was riding around in a golf cart with the sun beaming on my dome and not worrying about my hair.  I wore a hairpiece for 23 years and you just don't get to enjoy days like today when you are trapped under one of those rugs.  My colleagues who had not seen my new look could not believe how great it looked.  Nothing but positives - and that's pretty good from a bunch of lawyer.  ;D

Anyway, I just wanted to share my story.  To those of us that have been there, we know what a great day this was.  Thanks for letting me share.

If your reading this, wearing a hairpiece and thinking about going sly, please do it.  You will not be disappointed.  O0  O0  O0

"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: An entirely new experience
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:27:48 PM »
Amen
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 08:49:55 PM »
Steve, Glad to hear that your enjoying SLY.  My experience the past 2 months is that it gets better as you get more and more adjusted. 

Any luck with getting a pic, yet??? 8)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »
Hey Sly.  I am working on the pic.  My daughter, the computer/camera guru, has been away at a softball camp this week.  She's supposed to be home this weekend. 
Hopefully we can get one then. 

I wish I had a cool pic like you.  I took my son to a Red Sox game at the Rangers stadium about 3 weeks ago.  Should have gotten a good pic then - of course, I wasn't sly then so that really would not have worked. 
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
As one Steve to another, that ROCKS!  O0 O0 O0
I'm playing in our first NorCal Team Match Play event tomorrow and can't wait to show up at my first official NCGA event with the dome a glowin' (hey, maybe I need some Matte for Men :D).

Glad you ditched the rug!
An attorney with a rug ain't tellin' the truth, the whole truth, and nuttin' but the truth.

Cheers!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »
Steve, that's awesome!!! I'm glad you had a great experience with your annual bar tourney.

I have to say, when I first read bar association, I didn't think legal.  Though, I was sworn into the LA bar without ever taking the bar exam.  Long story.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 11:56:47 PM »
That's so cool Steve!   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:57:16 PM »
Steve, congrats on the outing... liberating huh?

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 12:27:29 AM »
Sounds like a good time  8)
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 05:29:01 PM »
soonersteve,

thanks 4 sharing your great golfing experience as a SLY brah.  expect even more gr8 experiences besides golf. ;) ^-^ 8)  looking 4ward 2 your computer guru/daughter in posting your 1st avatar.  take care and glad u r enjoying the sly life.  i know i am.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!