Author Topic: attachment comb length  (Read 5658 times)

Offline mancho

• Learning the way of Sly
attachment comb length
« on: June 20, 2007, 03:53:06 PM »
Hey guys,

I thought I had a site for this but now I can't find it. Do you know a source that has the length in inches for different clipper attachments -- #1, #2 , etc.

By the way, I am keeping my hair clipped very short, for the sides I use an adjustable blade without a comb and I keep the top about 1/16". It's more work than going completely bald, but I like the look and plus I've got some moles and other mysterious marks I've discovered that remain partially hidden. Eventually I'll probably have to take it all the way down as I lose more hair.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: attachment comb length
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:20:02 PM »
Welcome...this link has a listing of the blades and what length it leaves the hair...probably different than what attachable "combs" and "guards" are, but this is what the barbers use.

http://www.osterstyle.com/blades.asp?link=16

My barber told me the home kits are measured in about 1/8-inch increments, which he said is about one week's growth. So,
#1=1/8 inch
#2=1/4 inch
#3=3/8 inch
#4=1/2 inch

Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 06:40:17 PM by Rob6 »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:51:35 PM »
Mancho, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Stick around long enough and I'm sure you'll want to go Sly sooner than you think!  >:D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »
Mancho, welcome to the brotherhood!  Just go sly & eliminate the need for doing math with your hair O0

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:29:15 AM »
Welcome Mancho,yeah it can be addictive !!  You have been warned  O0
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline mancho

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »
Mancho, welcome to the brotherhood!  Just go sly & eliminate the need for doing math with your hair O0

Haha, that's true! Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure I'll come to the sly side soon enough!

By the way, how did the term "sly" originate?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 12:23:49 AM »

Haha, that's true! Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure I'll come to the sly side soon enough!

By the way, how did the term "sly" originate?

As guys started joining this site they coined the term.  Kinda caught on...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.