Author Topic: Going to Cancun... Supplies?  (Read 9330 times)

Offline Davinci

• Learning the way of Sly
Going to Cancun... Supplies?
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
Whats up everyone? 

I am going on vacation to Cancun in the 2nd week of July.  I was just wondering if you could provide me with a list of what i need as far as my head is concerned?  Obviously im gonna need sunscreen... but i would like to know what you guys recommend?  What kind of sunscreen?  Anything else i should bring in order to get the best tan possible (especially on my head)?  Sunburn on the dome and pealing is the worst and i want to avoid that at all costs.

Your reply's are appreciate.

BALDANDRE

Re: Going to Cancun... Supplies?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »
Depends are you a dude that can live coverin' the dome all up? I gots to let mine shine so I play it like this...

if you're going to be straight up in the sun for about 4 hours spf 30...any more take 50spf...you'll still tan if you're in direct sun, just not burn and not tan too much...

Good luck on the sun issue and have a cool time showin' off that shin'in dome!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »
I'd just look for a good "facial" sunscreen.  I've tried a couple and they seem to both work pretty good and are not as oily.  Nuetrogena has a moisturizer in the shaving section that has an SPF 20.  That seems to be as high as I've seen the facial sunscreens.  Just keep it handy to reapply as needed.

Have fun.  I was in Cabo San Lucas in January.  It was beautiful down there.  Especially in January when the entire midwest U.S. is pretty ugly and either brown or white.  We came back to a blizzard and ice storm.  What a rude awakening to bring us back to reality.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline RC The Uncola

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »
sunscreen check, hat check, raincoat better double check...
have a blast in cancun

Offline Davinci

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 12:47:31 PM »
I actually do tan pretty well and i dont really burn... except on my head.  I probably will bring a few hats but the majortiy of the time i will not be wearing one.  I guess the spf 30 will work.  And i guess i can bring some aloe vera for afterwards.

As for the raincoat.. lol.. i am engaged and it is not necessary.

Thanks for your replys.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 01:42:45 PM »
i'd hit a tanning salon for about 2 or 3 sessions before going and get a base tan.....i use bullfrog 36spf mist spray havent been burnt yet
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »
I have fair skin, so I've been using Badguyz sunscreen... it's 30 SPF... I do end up slightly pink after spending about an hour in the sun... but that pink is gone within a few hours

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 02:39:03 PM »
Besides sunscreen, don't forget HeadShed Exfoliator, or some other exfoliator. With all the sunscreen and saltwater, it's a good idea to get that stuff off your cranium at the end of the day.

Offline Davinci

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 02:46:52 PM »
Thanks for all the reply's.

As for the base coat, ive been going.  I got pretty good color right now.. but just gotta be careful in the mexican sun.

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »
I'm also stocking up for my trip to Hawaii!  Same essentials... sunscreen, exfoliator, speedo, trunks, and liver capacity increaser!  Gotta love the MaiTais!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 04:58:16 PM »
I'm also stocking up for my trip to Hawaii!  Same essentials... sunscreen, exfoliator, speedo, trunks, and liver capacity increaser!  Gotta love the MaiTais!!

Good to see you remembered the law when it comes to SLY guys and speedos BRob
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »

What's scary is that the thought even crossed his mind!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »

What's scary is that the thought even crossed his mind!

Of course I remembered... after all, I am the keeper of the Bald Man Laws!

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 09:37:58 PM »
Thanks for all the reply's.

As for the base coat, ive been going.  I got pretty good color right now.. but just gotta be careful in the mexican sun.

Davinci,
Welcome to the brotherhood and have fun in Cancun!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »
DaVinci, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!! 

I'd recommend either the Bald Guyz sunscreen if you like shine, or Matte for Men if you like a matte look.  You may also want to take some Bald Guyz wipes to clean up after being in the sun for awhile.

Enjoy the sun bro!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.