Author Topic: Very pale and going bald.  (Read 15187 times)

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Very pale and going bald.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »
Welcome to the club, jasabb. I can't really offer any advice. I just wanted to say welcome and good luck with the shave and the tan. Chances are you'll notice any paleness more than anyone else will.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
And why is "pale" something to flinch from?

From milk-white to coffee-dark: that's what each and all of us are along the spectrum.

Some of us are "tanned" by genes; some of us can tan if we work at it; some of us should stay away from UV.  What you are, you are.

So true! and I would like to think that outlook, that way of seeing things, is part of our mission statement here :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »
Well said Crowbar! Feel that way too!

Offline jasabb

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »
You guys are awesome.  I actually just buzzed my hair today with a 2 guard.  I still have very, very thin hair on top so I think I will wear this style for a while and then see if I'm ready to go ahead and go all the way later.  Plus it gives everyone at work and around me to get used to seeing me with very short hair and kind of introduce my balding to the world, and then they won't all be suprised when one day I show up sly.  Thanks for all of the great comments.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 07:23:02 PM »
What's your natural haircolor?  Eyebrows add a lot to the equation (as does facial hair as mentioned).  I am also a pale pale person but my eyebrows keep me from looking like casper.

Congrats on the buzz and glad you're enjoying the forum, welcome.  Even with the buzz put some sunscreen on that scalp!  Even when my hair was down to my shoulderblades I used to get terrible sunburns at my part if I forgot the sunscreen.