Author Topic: ClearHead and Moisturizing Gel?  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
ClearHead and Moisturizing Gel?
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:33:44 PM »
I am intrigued with comments that the Bald Guys moisturizing gel is helping to reduce or eliminate the dreaded razor bumps.   What I need to know is if any of the other sly guys are using it in conjunction with ClearHead or do you use it alone?  While I get a great slick shave I always have to contend with bumps afterwards.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: ClearHead and Moisturizing Gel?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »
I use the moisturing gel after shaving and have noticed that it helps to control (but not eliminate) bumps.  I have not used the Clearhead since I have not found it in stores and I believe that you have to order it online.  Does it also seem to help with bumps?  I'd like to hear from someone that uses both.  Also, is there anything else out there that you can find on store shelves that is like clearhead?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »
Paul, I used the ClearHead for the first time last nite.  I guess if I were to ever really get razor burn and bumps it would probably be from the first time I shaved my head.  But to my amazement that never occurred.  I followed up with the HeadLube to moisturize the scalp.  It made my skin feel a little tight but that's okay.

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »
I actually stopped using any kind of after shave "bump fighter."  Anything I used was drying my scalp up too much.  I have just been rinsing with very cold water for a few minutes and then applying Bald Guyz Moisturizer and I haven't had much of a problem.  I will still get an occasional bump or two but not too much.  I don't know if anyone can actually totally prevent some bumps since we are sort of "irritating" our domes by shaving.  I mean those of us that go against the grain anyway.  But I could be wrong. 

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »
I've been going against the grain since day one.

I was using 'tend skin' until I received my 'clear head' from HB.

I skipped the 'tend skin' for a couple of days last week, and I had a few bumps.

I use headslick for shaving, then I use clear head afterwards, and finish it off with HeadLube Matte.   

i've had good results so far with this routine.. although I'm reliviely new, so not sure if I'm doing the best thing, but it works for me so far.
 O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »
Thanks for the input...switched to just Bald Guyz Moisturizer after the cold water rinse and it has virtually eliminated the bumps.   Guess that will be part of the new routine as it is working so well.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »
Here is the deal on Bald Guyz Moisture Gel and razor bumps. We use many herbal ingredients in our product and include those that sooth and calm the skin to reduce irritation and redness. The combination virtually eliminates the razor bumps as it is designed to niourish the skin.